ᴘʀᴏᴊᴇᴄᴛ ᴠɪᴏʟᴇᴛ~5.2

Start from the beginning

Vil stared at her with a bewildered expression while Epel looked at her with surprise.

"...Did she just... scold me?"

---------------- 

"Look, Emica, we're sorry, we didn't mean to almost start a fight."

"No, I'm not going to accept that apology. You know damn well you weren't supposed to engage in any of these stupid little quarrels." Her eyes seemed to glow in the dark hallway. Ace, Deuce, and Grim knew they couldn't look away, or else they would probably be in more trouble. "I don't know the full extent of why you guys provoked that, but I'm sure it was something stupid. And I know to some degree that Vil should've acted better, but that doesn't mean you guys can't." Emica looked upset, really upset.

"I hope you guys come up with a better apology by the end of the day, I'll be in the library." She turned around and quickly walked around the corner, leaving the three to themselves.

They all looked at each other and sighed.

"I didn't know she'd be that angry over something so small." Grim grumbled.

They found themselves back in the courtyard sitting under the apple tree, now in a more somber mood.

"I think she should be rightfully so, I mean. We've been in numeral fights, well, you two maybe, but, she's always been the one to deal and de-escalate with them. There's only so much she can take and I guess this was her breaking point." Deuce sighed as he leaned back.

  "We weren't even going to fight Vil just for the sake of fighting Vil! We were defendin' that guy!" The monster argued as he looked up at the apple tree. 

"Maybe she didn't hear the full conversation...?"

Ace stayed silent through their whole discussion before they eventually turned their attention to him.

"Ace, you look constipated, what're you thinking of?" Grim asked when he turned away from the apple tree.

"Did you guys notice how upset she looked? She's normally pissed when this stuff happens, but, this is the first time I've seen her with an expression like that." He mumbled as he stared at the ground. 

"Well, don'tcha think she'd tired of dealing with us, and everyone else at this school? She's been doing it for half a year." The two boys looked at Grim.

"What do you mean?"

The monster deadpanned the two and rolled his eyes. "Of course, you numpties wouldn't know. I think she's helped almost everyone at this school probably numerous times. I think she's stayed up during the night more times than she's been awake. She maintains being at the top of our grade while helping others who are failing. And aside from being probably the smartest person I know, even if I don't want to admit it myself... Ahem, she's dealt with every overblot there has been so far, don't you think she's burnt out from all of this?"

Ace and Deuce looked at him stunned, they didn't think Grim could be so observant, but here he was, explaining all of his observations. It would make sense since he and Emica are practically joined at the hip with how much they are together. 

"I don't think we've helped her with any of that since she's always swooping in and taking care of it in less than a second. I think the most we helped her was with how to use a phone." The monster grumbled. "She hasn't received any help from Crowley to get her home, it's like he wants to keep her here so that she can do his chores! I found a drawer the other day stuffed with letters to her siblings that she can't send because our deadbeat headmaster keeps putting her off! Every time we go to his office to ask about it he just interrupts her with an 'Oh! I'm sorry, I'm just so caught up in work I can't properly research, but I'll go to the library during my break, we just got a new shipment of books!'. She just thanks him and goes! It's weird how she hasn't punched him in the nose yet." He shook his head in disappointment and crossed his little arms.