Highschool

It's August 10th, 2022. Today was Orientation for my freshman year of highschool. It was hell. I was greeted by the whiff of depression and math. There couldn't be a worse feeling than going back to school to me. I saw E for the first time in three months. He's always been cool with me. I met him in 7th grade when he had hair down to his chin. The one reason i was there was to see my gf and i knew it would be hard to find her in the crowd of depressed hormonal teens. I eventually found her in the cafeteria getting her schedule. I could've sworn everytime i had seen her it was like the first time all over again. I needed to get my schedule and she waited almost two hours with me to get it. I loved her. Anyways, I thought the whole experience was hell. I had no idea what the layout of this campus was, It was so fucking hot, i just didn't want to be there in general. I thought i'd be there forever, but i met up with my friends, we'll call them S and M. They've been with me since i moved to florida. I'd have to say it was tolerable with them there. "How was your summer?" and "Did you do anything fun?" rang through my head and the halls all day. I couldn't stand being there. As i was about to leave, I got a text from my gf telling me to come here because someone was looking for me. I excused myself from my friend group and headed to the courtyard. 𝘐𝘴 𝘪𝘵 𝘨𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘩𝘰𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘰𝘳 𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘵 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘮𝘦? 𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘰𝘭 𝘪𝘴 𝘣𝘪𝘨 𝘢𝘴 𝘧𝘶𝘤𝘬. 𝘑𝘦𝘴𝘶𝘴 𝘪 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘴𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘦. Finally i made it to where my gf was. I could see who she was talking about. We'll call him B. I've know him as long as S and M, yet we were never as close. As i was walking up, i swear out of no where this girl ran into me and we both fell to the ground. Papers flew everywhere and caused a big scene. 𝘚𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘮𝘦 𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦. I get up, and quickly grab each paper, as it was basically my fault for not looking where i was going. I fetch most of the papers and give them back. I'm greeted by the face of this girl i've never met before. A new student. I'll call her K. She had long straight brown hair, pink and glossy lips, a small button nose, and braces. "I'm so sorry i swear i did not see you." I said, stuttering like an idiot. "It's fine." She said in a small voice. She walked off and continued like nothing happened. I kept walking towards my friend and gf. "Who was that?" I asked. "That's K." B said. "She moved here from Houston and i'm pretty sure she's a freshman." He continued. "Yeah i talked to her the other day for pointers. She's actually really cool." My gf said, a weird smile on her face. As of right now, while i'm writing this, I've gotten to realize something this past school year. I chose the wrong friend to date.