Chapter 3

Weeks later your sat on the sofa in Dr Martins office with an envelope on the table.
"Maybe I should't open it.... What if mum never told me who he was for a reason... what if he's a bad guy..." you breathing starts to pick up.
"Mia breathe.. in and out, in and out" Linda gets you to follow her breathing to help calm you.

"Thank you" you say composing yourself.
"Only you can decide if you want to open that envelope and you alone. What I and others can do is be there for you whatever the outcome."
"You're right and I do want this I'm just scared of rejection.. what if he has a family already and I don't fit into that?" You sigh.

"Then you will have answers and will be able to process and work through that. You are stronger than you give yourself credit" Linda smiles at you.
"Okay I think I'm ready. Can you get Lucifer and Maze" you smile at Linda while grabbing the envelope.

Lucifer and Maze enter and sit either side of you.
"You sure?" Lucifer questions.
"Yeah I need to know" you start opening the envelope.
"Says my DNA is similar to that of a Howard Anthony Walter Stark and Maria Collins Carbonell Stark" you stare at the paper.
"So a Stark must be your father" Maze adds bluntly.

You can hear everyone talking but can't make out what is being said it's like your in a trance staring at the names in front of you.

"Mia?" Lucifer taps your shoulder to gain your attention.
"Sorry" you look up and see them all staring at you.
"Umm I think that's it for today Doc" you get up from the sofa.
"See you next session" you run out the room leaving them looking confused.

Once outside the office you stand lean against a wall to steady yourself and do the breathing exercises Linda taught you. Lucifer and Maze come over to you.
"How about we go to the precinct and see if they can look these people up?" Lucifer asks.
"Do you think they would do that?" You ask
"I'm sure they won't mind plus I can always persuade someone" he says while rubbing your back to calm you.

"Or I can beat them if they don't" Maze adds and you laugh.
"I don't think beating cops is the right way Maze but I appreciate the thought" you smile at her.

"Can we do it another time I just need time also I definitely need a drink" and just then Lucifers phone rings.
"Sorry it's the Detective I need to take this" he answers his phone and walks out of ear shot
"Drinks on Lucifer at Lux?" Maze says
"Hell Yes I need drinks and a guy to distract me" you high five her.

"Sorry ladies have to dash there's been another murder I need to solve, you okay making your way back?"
"Wow never knew there was so much murder in LA until you started with the LAPD! But yes I think me and Maze can handle a trip back to Lux."

Many drinks later you and Maze are on the dance floor of LUX when you feel a set of eyes on you. You look up to see Dan sat at the bar.
"Be right back" you shout at Maze before stumbling over to the bar.

The barman already has a drink waiting for you and you flash him a smile.
"Well well if it isn't detective douche" you laugh and take a sip of your drink.
"Mia" Dan greets you.
"Did you know there was so much murder in LA?" You ask
Dan laughs "Well I am a Detective for LAPD so yeah"
"Oh right yeah" you say as you stumble a little and Dan catches you.
"How many you had?" Dan questions
"Not enough" as you finish your drink and signal the bar staff.

"We will take 6 tequila shots"
"Don't you think you've had enough?"
"What are you my dad?" You counter as the bar man lines up the shots "wait you're not a Stark are you?"
"What?" He asks confused
"Don't worry and don't be a bore drink with me" holding him up a shot.
He takes it reluctantly and you cheers him before drinking all three shots like they were water.

"So you're married to Chloe? And you have a kid together" you words are starting to get sloppy.
"Separated from Chloe and our kid is called Trixie"
You look at him "wow.... Trixie is lucky having two amazing parents...I've started to look for my dad..I have some names but I don't know what they mean or who they are." You say doing another shot.
"Well if you need help with anything just ask" he flashes you a smile. "I mean you do have friends now in the LAPD"

"So we are friends huh?" You raise an eyebrow getting closer to him.
"I would think so yeah" he laughs.
You lean in to kiss him but before you can do
"Interrupting something are we?" Lucifer asks.
You look to see Lucifer and Chloe stood there.
"Nope nothing" you move away from Dan.
"Just me offering to help her if she needs it" he flashes you a smile.

"I want to thank you Chloe" you turn to face her.
"Me?" She asks confused.
"Yeah thank you for keeping Lucifer busy he needed new friends" you smile at her "he was getting a bit clingy" you laugh.
"You have no other friends except me and Maze and I was not clingy" Lucifer defends himself.
"I have other friends" you gasp "Dan is my friend"
"Yeah" Dan adds.

You go to stand up but fall on the floor.
"Don't worry I got her" Maze comes to pick you up.
"Come on home time" 
"Noooo" you whine.
"Trust me you will thank me later" she loops your arm over her shoulders.

"Is she alright?" Chloe asks.
"Mia oh she's got some daddy problems going on but she will be fine" Lucifer answers.
"Right I best get him back" Chloe looks at Dan who is half asleep on the table.

"Maze why didn't he want me" you say as she's helping me into bed.
"You don't know that, and I can't exactly give the best advice on parents" she says laying you on your side.
"I'm so happy to have to you and Luci" you bop her nose.
"Sleep Mia" she climbs into the bed next to you.
"I think I'm gonna...." You jump out of bed and run to the toilet to be sick.

"I feel like shit" you slump onto the floor.
"Yeah that amount of shots will do that" she laughs coming to pick you up.
"No leave me the floor is nice and cold" you moan.
"Yeah you can't sleep on the floor" she helps you into bed.
"You're the best, I don't need my dad when I have you guys" you say before passing out.

Devil's Best Friendजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें