Chapter 2

Two weeks later your on your way to the LAPD, Lucifer has decided to take up being a citizen consultant. This is just the latest of many things Lucifer has tried over the years but as always your happy to support him.
You're in a world of your own when you turn the corner and bump into someone, their coffees they were holding spilling all over the both of you.
"I am so sorry" you say removing your headphones.
"No I'm sorry" the guy replies.

"Let me buy you a new t-shirt and coffee" you say noticing the big coffee stain down the front of the guys t-shirt.
"No it's fine honestly I've got a change at work, plus I should be offering to buy you a new outfit " he points to your coffee stained dress. You laugh.
"Mia" you say offering your hand to him.
"Dan" he smiles and shakes your hand and you notice his badge.

"Come with me let's at least try and get you cleaned up" he says leading you over to the station.
As your about to head inside you suddenly hear Lucifers voice.
"Mia what are you doing here? And why do you look like your entering a wet-shirt competition?" asks approaching you and Dan with a blonde hair lady.
"Well I was coming to see if you needed anything and ask what time you got off when I literally bumped into Dan here" you smile and Lucifer notices Dans t-shirt as well.
You notice the Dan and the blonde lady looking at you.

"You must be Detective Decker it's nice to finally meet you" you smile and shake her hand.
"Detective this is Mia" Lucifer adds.
"Chloe" she smiles back at you.

You turn to Dan "that must make you Detective Douche as Luci calls you, his words not mine" you half laugh.
"Detective Espinoza, or Dan"
"Right as fun as this little meetings been we actually have some where to be don't we Detective." Lucifer turns to face Chloe.
"Right no worries sorry for interrupting I will see you later"
"Let me drive you back it's the least I can do" Dan offers.
"Thank you but please let me buy you a replacement coffees first, I did technically walk into you" you smile at Dan.
"How about Dan goes with Chloe and I take you back Mia and meet up them in abit" breaking your eye contact with Dan.

"It's fine you go with Chloe and I will see you back at LUX later" you kiss his cheek and then face Dan.
"Shall we Detective" you say pointing to the coffee shop.
"Let me change quickly first" he smiles at you.
"Right yeah of course. I will wait here" you blush.

Your in the car with Dan heading back to your apartment.
"So you and Lucifer?" He asks glancing at you before concentrating back on the road.
"He's my best friend. He was one of the first friends I made when I moved to LA 5 years ago"
"Where did you live before?" He questions.
"Was born in Texas but me and mum moved around a lot, until she passed that's when I decided to come live in LA"

"Oh I'm sorry to hear, and your dad?"
"Never knew him. I mean I have thought about finding him but something stops me, I think its one thing him not wanting me but for him to actually reject me in person not sure I could handle that" you say shrugging your shoulders.
"I'm sorry I shouldn't have asked" he looks at you apologetically.
"It's fine, sorry for the long answer but I have always wondered who he is but mum never really told me anything about him other than he was a playboy who liked to party, so I guess I know I get that from him" you laugh.

Dan pulls up outside your apartment.
"Thank you for the ride and sorry again for bumping into you and boring you with my issues" You pause before adding "Also with the nickname Detective Douche you're nothing like I thought you would be" you laugh.
"No worries I'm a good listener, and thanks I think" he smiles back at you.
You get out the car and turn back to say "Guess I will be seeing you around"
"Guess you will" you close the door and watch Dan drive off.

"Who was that?" Maze whispers in your
"Jesus Maze" you jump "You're gonna give me a heart attack one day" you slap her on her arm.
"Didn't answer my question" she raises an eyebrow
"That Mazikeen was Detective Espinoza or as Lucifer calls him Detective Douche" you respond opening your apartment.
"Hey Maze can I ask you something?"
"Always" she responds while sitting on your kitchen counter.
"Do you think I would be crazy if I try and find out who my father was?" You strip the coffee stained dress off you and grab sweats and t-shirt.

"Thought you were scared of rejection" Maze responds as she jumps off the counter and opens the fridge.
You grab two glasses and Maze fills them.
"I am but I'm also getting tired of wondering who he is, do I look like him, I partly know I act like him as we both know I love to party and if I was a guy I would be known as a playboy" you laugh "maybe it's time I face my fears" you gulp the wine down and pour more into your glass.
"Personally parents are overrated but I will support you either way" she pats your back.

Two bottle of wines and a few shots of tequila later you decide to grab your laptop and start looking up how you go about finding out who your father is.
"Aren't you suppose to be working?" Lucifers voice sounds through you apartment
"That's not till tonight" you counter
"It's midnight" Lucifer says spotting the empty bottles.

"Whoops don't tell my boss" you and Maze laugh
"What are you drunk ordering this time?" He asks looking at your laptop.
"I'm finding my father" you state
"Bloody hell" he takes your glass from you and finishes your drink
"Hey I was drinking that" you whine

"She's decided she needs to know who he is" Maze adds while grabbing another glass for Lucifer.
"Right and what's brought this on?" he questions
"Is it wrong that I just wanna know why he didn't want me why, or maybe he didn't know I exist or maybe he's dead or a criminal or in witness protection so he couldn't reach out to me or..."
"Okay okay" Lucifer stops you grabbing the laptop
"I will book you a session with Linda I feel like your gonna need it with your daddy issues"
You scoff "my daddy issues that's rich coming from the guy with the biggest daddy issues"
"I don't have daddy issues" Lucifer scoffs back
"Oh please" you laugh and do another shot.

"Okay guys you both got daddy issues" Maze interjects.
"The poster children of daddy issues" you laugh "we should start a club"
"Don't we kinda do that already" he winks at you and takes a shot.
You start to feel your eyes get heavy "right guys my bed is calling" you get up heading to your bedroom and Lucifer begins to follow.
"I just wanna be alone tonight, night guys" you flash a smile as you close the bedroom door behind you.