Chapter Seven

Aegon had been ignoring her all day and Vysella loved it

Aegon had been ignoring her all day and Vysella loved it. She enjoyed the way that the prince acted around her, he seemed so on edge. Vysella did not have to think long or hard as to the reason for his behaviour, she knew before he even woke in the morning that he would be embarrassed. Not of her or what they had done together. But of himself, being so desperate for her touch.

There was not much to do as his wife. She sat around sewing, drawing or talking, that was about it. She hated it in kings landing, ladies were not allowed to even attempt the things she enjoyed to do back in the vale. She had decided to take a walk around the training yard today, if she herself could not fight, there was no harm in trying to watch.

She got there and was immediately met with a look of distaste. Aegon had caught sight of her as she entered the yard, he had faltered upon her arrival and was therefore smacked to the ground by the flat side of his brother's sword. Aegon huffed from where he lay. Taking his brothers hand he allowed himself to be hoisted back onto his feet. Aemond had asked to go another round with the elder prince but Aegon just shook his head, taking one last glance at his wife before he threw his sword onto the ground and left the yard.

Aemond's eye met with Vysella's as she made her way over to the group.

"You have broken my brother." Aemond comments, leaning on the hilt of his sword as he spoke to the elder girl.

"I have no idea what you mean." Vysella replied, the corners of her lips bending into a mischievous smile. "Aegon seems perfectly fine to me."

"Ah yes, my brother usually trembles at the very sight of you." Aemond nodded, trying to figure out what she could have possibly done.

"Get back to training." Vysella smirked, moving her eyes to Ser Criston who was staring at the two in annoyance. "Ser Crispin looks like he needs a fight, show me how good you have become."

Aemond looked behind him for a while, following her gaze to where the knight was stood. He thought about her words, he wanted to show off to her.

"Hmm." Aemond murmured, pushing himself away from his sword, ceasing to lean up against it. "Ser Criston, the princess would like to see how effective your training has been."

The knight smiled at the prince cockily, confidence practically leaking out of every orifice. He wasted no time to accept the young prince's request. The Prince, no matter what way Criston looked, only appeared to be in deep concentration, there was no emotion form him as he began his fight.

Swords clashed together and dirt was kicked up as they began their assault. whenever the knight lunged, the prince would dodge. And when the prince finally did lunge, the knight could not move quick enough. Aemond was quick to knock the older man onto his back, disarming him as he pushed his blade to his throat.

Vysella wanted him to end the knight once and for all. She did not pride herself in her violent thoughts, but Criston deserved it.

Aemond's eye wasted no time to look up for Vysella's approval, it was as if it was the only motivation behind his attack. A look of victory came onto his face at the girls smile.