Chapter Six

3 years later

3 years later...

Ever since Vysella had left the Red Keep Queen Alicent had been trying relentlessly to get her to come back. But the young princess would not return. The Vale was her home, she loved it there, now that Balerion was hers she was able to see it from a view that she had never even dreamt of. It was glorious.

Vysella was flying down to the gates of the moon to see off the third party of messengers this year. Vysella had seen no incentive to return to the capital and was graciously going to turn them down. Balerion landed in front of the party, far enough away from them to remain a safe distance, but close enough for them to still stand in the dreads shadow.

"Speak your business and be gone." Vysella ordered, climbing off the back of her dragon so that they could hear her better. "I will not be returning to Kings Landing."

"Forgive us, princess." One of the men shouted, his voice quivering under Balerion's gaze. "We do not mean any harm."

"I have never known the Queen not to mean any harm." Vysella reminded, rolling her eyes as the men looked between each other awkwardly.

"We are not here on behalf of the Queen, princess." The guard spoke up, causing Vysella's head to tilt in confusion.

"Then who." Vysella prompted.

"Prince Aemond would like for you to return for his name-day" The man responded. Vysella paused, she had not expected him to call her back. She felt a small obligation to return as he had been the one to send her away. She thought on it for a while, she wanted to go back for him, but she knew that if she returned she would have to stay. She enjoyed her time in the Vale too much to want to return, she had people she cared about, people that she enjoyed.

Vysella had her own share of lovers in the Vale, all of whom she cared for but did not love. She did not want to leave them and have them replaced with the rough, drunken, exhausting nights that Aegon would bestow upon her the moment he caught sight of her.

"Tell him, regretfully, that I am going to decline." Vysella sighed, nodding at the guards, as she turned her back on them to get back on her dragon.

"Some of us." One man shouted, in a gruff tone. "Are with the Queen. It is an order for the Princess Vysella to return to the Red Keep, there will be no declining her offer."

Vysella turned around slowly, anger in her eyes. Nobody, in this damned country, knew the meaning of the word no. As she turned, she noticed that a handful of the men had drawn their swords. The Queen wanted her to return this time, with a fight.

"Those who are loyal to the prince, you may return with my message but not before you eat and rest inside the castle." She spoke calmly, smiling as they nodded to her gratefully. Few of the men departed, moving closer to the gates of the moon, cautiously travelling around the growling dread. She watched them enter before she spoke again to the men in front of her.