Chapter Three

Vysella's mind was a storm, rattling the windows of her soul and howling in her ears

Vysella's mind was a storm, rattling the windows of her soul and howling in her ears. She could not quieten her thoughts and she could not sleep them away. She tossed and turned for hours until she had finally had enough. A walk to clear her head was the only desirable thing she could think of, she needed to keep herself occupied.

Slipping on her shoes and throwing on her silk dressing gown she headed out for a stroll. Her guards told her to go back to bed but she scowled at them and left anyway. She knew they would follow close behind her but this didn't bother her, at least she would be safe. Ser Leith and Ser Aydon were good men, they would always protect her whether she liked it or not.

The Arryn girl spent her whole stroll trying to reason with herself, trying to think of any good thing that could come from having to marry Aegon. So far the only thing she could think of was the fact that she would become princess Vysella rather than Lady Vysella, in truth the girl didn't care about titles but she had been clutching at straws with her thoughts.

Vysella had heard terrible stories of the young prince, things that made her shudder, things that made her fear him. He was not kind nor was he gentle, she worried what he would do to her once he knew that he owned her. The girl knew she was a bargaining chip, she knew that if Alicent forced Aegon onto the throne house Arryn would have no choice but to side with them over Rhaenyra, even when she was their blood too. Aenys Arryn would not abandon his only child, and so too would the Starks follow Lyna.

A commotion down the corridor had pulled Vysella from her thoughts, she heard children shouting and recognised one to be the voice of the younger prince Aemond. Rushing away she ran towards the voices, her guards panicked when they rounded the corner and she was nowhere in sight.

When she arrived it was too late for her to help anyone. All the children were bleeding, but none so like Aemond. The boy had fallen to the ground clutching his face as blood flowed freely through his fingers, the other children were staring at him in horror. Vysella barged past them all and pulled Lucaerys away from the silver haired prince. Fired up from the fight, Lucaerys spun around, not caring where the knife in his hand was going. The blade sliced its way through Vysellas skin causing blood to rush to the surface and down to her hands.

The black haired girl looked down at her arm in shock as the blood began its quick decent down her arm, the care for herself did not last long as a strangled cry from Aemond pulled her away from her own pain, she needed to help the boy before he lost his eye for good. She dropped down to her knees next to the boy and all but cradled him in her arms.

"What happened?" Vysella asked urgently, trying to wipe the blood away from his eyes to see the damage beneath.

"He stole our mothers dragon!" Baela cried. "He stole Vhaegar!"