Chapter-43 His Highness Hansen

Start from the beginning

The civilians were acting like crazy going against anyone who came to help them, their loved ones were taken away by the devil and they had no information of their whereabouts. The devil was monstrous and powerful they were no match so joining a mortal army was laughable they make fun of Eiji and his people as they try to convince the people until someone points at a dark cloud not far away from them, and the people run away saying in fear that the devil has eyes on them. 

An elderly pats Eiji on the shoulder “Have you forgotten what the Oracle warned? The prophecy is turning out to be true, the fate of humanity is now in the hand of the devil, there is only darkness and evil here, you can’t win over them.” The man says and walks back to where the citizens were taken by the army.

Eiji clenches his jaws and watches as the mist turns into armed figures standing and staring at them from afar, his blood chills but he stands strong telling his men to be prepared to fight. On a battlefield either you do or die, this can be Eiji’s last battle and he was prepared for it, no matter what he will try his best to help humanity survive this catastrophe, he believes in that immortal and his disciple. 

Eiji sees the devil army moving slowly and in an unusual posture causing an eerie and dreadful atmosphere. He grips tightly on his sword and orders his men to quickly move the civilians away. They are not having much time left with them.  

The people run sensing the danger while the warriors all positioned themselves, they were not many already at a disadvantage and stare in horror at the death in front. Eiji hears a commotion and looks to his side seeing the army of Jeongguk led by the vice General coming to help them, he was surprised but happy as long as help is given. Vice-General bows to him and says-

“We apologize for the delay but want to do something good before death” Eiji nods taking a deep breath he turns back to face the darkness.

On the other side Taehyung, Jimin and Namjoon enter the palace grounds, they had only taken a few steps when they hear the cawing of the ravens. There were many flying above the palace and in front of them over a pole. Taehyung shivers as he notices the head of their friend hanging on the pole that is being attacked by the ravens. His eyes open wide not expecting this cruelty as the first thing to be seen. It seemed like the devil knows he would come through this way and placed this to incite him. 

He clenches his fist in anger but his lips couldn’t help but tremble as his eyes redden and moisten up. His steps halt, Jimin who was behind him gasps in horror and retches seeing it, with teary eyes he shouts at the birds to shoo them away and hastily approaches to take the head down. Namjoon holds the demon close to him to control his anger as the demon cries for his friend. Taehyung was unable to express what he felt like, the last time he was with the human, he was not able to explain his actions and motives, he failed to protect the people of Zuershia and his friend and now has to see him disgraced like this, the tears fall from his eyes as he stares at the head. 

Helplessness is something he learned and felt being in the mortal realm, he was late and couldn’t meet his friend, a sorry slips from his lips, and the Prince who never was able to express his emotions suddenly looks broken. Namjoon was calming Jimin down, turns back, and sees him like that, he feels pity, he has known Taehyung for a long. The Prince was a youth, playful, charming, and full of smiles, looking at him at this moment makes him realize, their Prince has changed, grown quiet and mature over time, distancing himself and also learning to hide emotions and say lies.

He felt guilty for not taking care of their Prince, giving him only troubles and suffering, and now that he has been given some happiness is also taken in an instant. The fate that his highness brought up with him was too distressing. His hand clenches, Jimin feels something off and looks up at Namjoon and notices his crumbled-up expression. He turns to look out for Taehyung but Taehyung quickly covers up his emotions and says he is fine.