Chapter 7

- Alexis POV: - 

My workout went really well, I actually enjoyed going to this gym, as much as I enjoyed Leigh her company, she was becoming a great friend to me, helping me reach my goals. I freshened myself up before I came out of the women's locker room. "Hey, so I was wondering, do you fancy getting a coffee?" Leigh asks as I smile brightly at the young woman. "Sure, why not" I say as she gives me a genuine smile back. "Right now?" I ask.

"Well, unless you want me to get fired" she jokes as I chuckle slightly. "Well no that's not really my intention" I say, my conversations with her were always so calm, no expectations from either sides, I liked the little friendship that we were building, but I was still sceptic about this still unknown woman, When you arrive in a new city, you take every friend you can find, not really caring about what their like, until they show their real stripes, I guess I wondered what this girl her true colours are. 

But then again the only way to find out was to get to know her better. "So I can pick you up after school tomorrow? just text me whenever you're finished okay?" She says as I nod. "Sounds good, I'll text you" I say as I see her get closer, she places a soft kiss on my cheek as I feel my cheeks glow a soft red colour, not knowing whether I liked it or If I felt embarrassed about it. "I'll see you tomorrow" she says as I nod, we say our goodbyes and I quickly leave, not wanting to be in this situation any longer.

- The next day -

I walked into the first class of the day with Mason, talking about some guys we saw down the hallways pulling some stupid prank on one of the professors. We sat down on our usual spot and just talked a little before we heard a loud bang and the guys from before laughing. We heard a lot of commotion on the hallway after that before Ms Olsen made her way into the classroom, her face was smattered with whipped cream, she tried to get it out of her hair, I didn't know the prank the guys were gonna pull was supposed to be on her.

She seemed more fed up that I expected her to be, it was like something was bothering her, A lot. I could tell she was trying to keep the tears a bay while she started teaching her lecture, some girls in the back behind me and Mason, were making snarky comments about the state of the professor in front of them. 

"She's such a hot mess like literally" "she is so unprofessional" The girls said while one of them fixed her hair in the reflection of her phone. I was about to say something but before I could it seemed like Ms Olsen already caught on.

"Excuse me what was that?" she asked as the whole class remained silent. "You girls don't know the first thing about adulthood, and that might be a good thing because you wouldn't, nor couldn't handle it anyways, now get the hell out of my class!" she said at a harsh tone, clearly startling the girls behind us. 

I was stunned by the outburst, she did have a bad side after all, dare I say I found it a slight turn on as I saw the veins in her neck, clearly bulging as her heartbeat was probably working overtime right now. The girls walked out of the classroom clearly ashamed, meanwhile Ms Olsen took a second to regain some of her strength to keep on teaching, but I could tell she was having a hard time.

I felt bad for her, it was clear there was more going on than the stupid prank the guys pulled, no one gets 'That' upset by something as small as whipped cream. or some stupid brats making a comment. 

A few hours passed and the bell rang as me and Mason made our way out of the last class of today. "Do you want to study for the upcoming test together?" Mason asked while my eyes drifted towards the door of Ms Olsen her office. "No I- I have a date?" I said kinda asking myself the same thing. "A date?" Mason asked, I could hear the hesitance in his voice, not knowing if he should be happy or should feel something else, because my excitement wasn't that visible either.

"Yeah, It's the girl from the gym, you know the one I'm always training with" I said as Mason nodded, remembering who I was talking about. "Ahh, alright have fun! and let me know how it went!" he said as I nodded. "Sure will, see ya tonight" I say while I give him a hug, watching him leave.

my eyes subconsciously wander to the door once more before I take a good grip on my bag and walk towards it. I knock on it ever so slightly, waiting a few seconds until I hear almost a faint whisper. "Come in". I open the door and see Ms Olsen sitting on the couch, her hands buried in her hair before she wipes away the tears on her cheeks. 

"Are you okay?" I ask as I close the door behind me. "I.. Yes of course" she says as she tries to compose herself into her natural professional state. But she isn't fooling me. "Ms Olsen, you comforted me that day in the park, let me do the same for you.." I say while I sit down next to her, keeping an appropriate distance from her, not wanting to upset her even more, even tough I wished I could sit closer to her, maybe even hold her, comfort her, anything. To make her feel as safe as she makes me feel around her. 

She took a shaky breath before she looked down at her hands, fiddling with her wedding ring. "It's just, things at home, aren't so great right now." She stammers over her words as I can't help but chuckle slightly, she looks up at me confused. "Sorry i.. You sound just like a teenager and, I never expected you to" I say.

She smiles as she leans her head back against the soft cushions. "I never expected to sound like that again to be honest.." She says as she smiles, looking at me once more with those beautiful eyes. I feel that slight burn in my lower abdomen, fearing it more and more. 

"I guess one might say it's, complicated"

"They say that, sometimes talking to a stranger, or someone who has a huge distance to you and your current situation, can help" I state, trying to get her to open her walls for me, even if it's just for a second. I just want to help her. 

I can tell she is hesitant at first, but after a good minute of her mind rambling, she opens her mouth."My wife she, This summer I found out she cheated on me, and now I have suspicions to believe she might be, still.. cheating on, me" she whispered the last word, As if she's ashamed of herself, and I feel this burning anger inside of me. No-one should treat this beautiful woman like that, make her feel like she isn't good enough.

"I.. I'm so sorry" I tell her as I look at her with pity in my eyes. I didn't know what to tell her, what to say to her. there was still so much I didn't know about this phenomenal woman, but I wanted to, and I felt like this was the first step to getting closer to her.

but just like that, she shut that door just as fast. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't ramble to you about this. your my student how.. inappropriate of me" she says as she gets up from the couch. I wanted to reach out to her, show her I had no problem with her showing her feelings, but the distance was too far. Physically.. and Mentally. 

- Lizzie's POV: - 

It felt so good, opening up to her, telling her what was going on inside of me. As a teacher you learn to not take any of the things your students say about you to personal, it could just be that their having a bad day, or that their finding you annoying because you gave them a bad grade, but nothing to personal. they don't dislike you because of the person that you are.

But it's different with Alexis, I wanted her to know what I was like. I wanted her to see I wasn't just some old fart who gave her a grade once in a while. I wanted her to see me as more than that. I wanted her to look at me as Veronica once did, and wanting that, scared me.

I don't understand why I was feeling that kind of way, I couldn't even tell you why if you held a gun to my head, just that damn twinkle in her eyes, it made my knees go weak. It reminded me so much of the love I had with my wife, the love I lost over time. 

I always felt desperate, insecure, like I did something to make Veronica lose that twinkle, that I made her fall into another woman her arms, but seeing Alexis look at me like that, it made me feel like it wasn't my fault, like there was nothing I can or could have done to make her stay by my side. 

I don't know Alexis well enough to know what she's truly like, it's still all very early, and weak, but knowing what love is like to have with someone who looks at you the way Alexis does, it makes you want more, it makes you desperate to be that thing, that person that's worth her time, and effort. I wanted her to look at me like that everyday. Perhaps also every night. I know it's wrong of me to think like this, but people in desperate times, do all sorts of crazy things. not thinking about the consequences of their actions, my actions.