Chapter 3

I walk into the gym after a quick trip to Mason and mine dorm to quickly change. I look around a bit flustered before a young woman makes her way towards me. "Hey, you must be Alexis right? the girl who texted me?" She asks as I smile kindly. "Yes that's me, what gave it away?" I joke as she chuckles slightly.

"Well the confused look in your eyes to be honest" she says as I smile. "My name is Casey-Leigh, but most people call me Leigh, so feel free to do so as-well" 

"Nice to meet you Leigh" I say as she looks at my gym outfit. "Your already dressed, great! let's get into it!" she says with an energetic tone, which scares me a little, like where do you get that kind of energy? can I buy that somewhere?

After our draining training we both walk on the treadmill, me breathing like I am an 80 year old who has smoked for 60 years of their lives, and Leigh next to me, talking about different kind of diets and other shit that my head can't even cope right now. "Leigh sweetheart please, I'm dying here and you talking about the fact that I need to take McDonalds out of my diet is really the last nail in my coffin" I say with a serious tone as the woman next to me laughs. 

"I'm just listing some of the diets you could follow for your body type, if getting an more athletic posture is something you want" She says. "Honestly, I just want to clear my head when I'm here, my life is stressful enough, I don't need to add an diet to the mix" I say as she nods understandingly. "Well, if you really want to clear your head, we should do some boxing exercises next time you're here" she says as I look up.

"That would be amazing yeah!" I say as she nods her head. We get off the treadmill and she rings me up for a monthly subscription at the desk as we finish up. "Thanks for your help Leigh, really I appreciate it, the gym is always kind of an intimidating thing to get into on your own" I state as she nods. "Yeah, I know I've worked here for long enough to see people come in for a few months and then never again" she says as I laugh.

"Don't mind me if I'm one of those people" I joke as she smiles. "Well, do you wanna meet next Wednesday?" she asks. "Yes sounds good! I'll text you to let you know when I finish my last lecture" 

"great, I'll see you Wednesday, oh and keep your muscles warm, they're very tense, it will help with the pain you'll feel tomorrow" She states. "Pain?, that wasn't on the website as I inrollen here" I joke as she chuckles. "Read the little letters darling" she snaps back as I chuckle, we say our goodbyes and I make my way out of the gym. 

- The next day - 

The schoolday goes by pretty uneventful, just me and Mason joking around a bit in the break, but other than that nothing much going on. I finished relatively early today so I made my way to the library to do some studying. I can't believe we already have homework, on the second fucking day like please. I got into a bit of a flow with it as a woman comes up to me. I look up at the woman who works in the library.

"Miss, the school will be closing soon" she kindly lets me know. "Oh I'm sorry, I got carried away in my work" I say as the woman looks down on my notebook, seeing the little doodles I made while I was a little distracted, or needed a little break in-between hard to solve questions. "No worries, have a great day" she says as I pack my things and make my way out of the library. 

I walk past Miss Olsen her office as the door opens and she steps out of it, turning off the lights on her way out and closing the door behind her. She looks up at me a little flustered to see me here at these late hours. "Miss Taylor, late classes?" she asks as she locks the door to her office. 

"No, it's quite alright actually, I was doing my homework in the library" I say as the woman nods her head. "A good student huh?" she asks with a little pitch in her voice. "Well.. I wouldn't say that, it's just.. yeah" I kinda ramble my way around the reason why I try my best, not wanting to open up to a woman I barely know, eventough it feels like I've known her for ages now. 

she must have noticed because her eyebrows narrow a bit as she opens her mouth once more. "You know, if you ever need some extra help, I'm here till late mostly" she states as I smile while looking down a bit. I notice the ring around her finger, feeling a bit bold as I state the next thing. "Does you husband not give you company at home?" I Joke as I see her smile a bit brighter. 

"Now why does everyone assumes woman have to date men, Who says were not allowed to explore known territories" she says as my heart skips a beat. is she really stating that she explores womens bodies right now, I assume in a sexual way, otherwise I would be scared to death right now. not really knowing what I have to say next I just fiddle with my fingers a little. "So you have a wife?" I ask as she smiles once more. 

"I do, and she also works till late, I don't feel comfortable coming home to an empty house so I just finish my work here, preparing lectures, sometimes helping students" she says as I nod my head. "So like I said before, if you need help with anything" she says as I smile. "I will come to you, thank you miss Olsen" I say.

"did you find your way around the school okay?" she asks as we walk to the exit of the school togheter, it would be weird if we both walked into the same direction without speaking. "It still feels like a maze to be honest, someone should really draw me some kind of a map" I say while I hear a slight chuckle next to me. her chuckle really is an angelic noise, it's so cute and high pitched. 

"Well, just give it a week and you'll know exactly where you need to be" she says. "if only it where that easy in life huh?" I state, she slows down while we arrive her car, she turns arounds towards me. "what fun would it be if our whole life was already figured out, if we didn't have to make choices ourselves" she says.

"it can be kind of intimidating, choosing something you want, not knowing where you'll end up" I say while fiddling with my rings once again. "I suppose it can, but doing something you love, something your passionate about, is always better than doing something you'll dread doing, you'll enjoy your days much more doing something you love" she states as I look up at her. 

I guess there is some wisdom in that, she does have a point, I hate studying economics, about how to run a fucking buisiness just like my mother, I don't even want to run a buisiness. "Thank you, for your advise" I say as I give her a genuine smile. "That's why I became a teacher Miss Taylor, to set you young once onto the right path" she says.

"You make yourself sound so old" I joke as she laughs. "Maybe I am" she claps back while I smile at her. she is such a delight to be around, so wise and joyful, I wonder if there is anything about her that isn't perfect, because if there is one thing I've learned is that no one is perfect. 

"Anyways, have a nice evening Alexis" she says as I shudder slightly, hearing my name fall off her lips like that makes my cheeks glow red, she says it so smooth, so effortlessly. "You too miss Olsen" I smile at her as she gets into her car, watching her drive away.