Three

As the week slowly passed on, Evangeline found it to be tiring how much school work she had and it'd only been the first week. Her work was easy since she was smart, but there was so much of it that she became flustered with it all. With all the homework and activities happening in the first week of school, it was hard to keep up with it all. It was overwhelming to sum it up. 

Friday evening had come quicker than she thought and with her friends busy, she was alone in the library finishing her work. Books sprawled across the long table, chairs were pushed in being unused and growing colder by the second from the lack of a butt's warmth. She pushed her math textbook away from her so she had a little more room and pulled her blank sheet of paper down.

The pencil in her hand remained between two fingers facing upward, the eraser end tapping the table to create less noise. She looked over the question quietly, thinking of the way to solve it and as the music played in her ears, her head bobbed.

The nice thing about bringing her Walkman everywhere is the endless music she could have and with a tape her brother mixed for her, she had more songs than she could ever know all combined in one.

Leg crossed over her knee, she continued to bob her head to the beat of the song and began to write down her answer. Finally having something to write, she was quietly humming without even realizing it.

In the hallway, a certain boy had just finished practice and walked the halls with curly damp hair from having showered. Worn jeans with a hole in the knee caused him to shiver slightly in the cooled hallways and his bare arms held goosebumps, the leather vest wrinkled. Hockey bag hung off his right shoulder as his gear reeked as he rarely washed any of it, finding the smell to be 'luck' on the ice.

He stopped slowly when he briefly looked into the library, the windows coating the hallway allowed anyone to see in or out, and he spotted a girl sitting by herself. The books littering the table made him laugh internally at how nerdy she appeared, but it did not stop him from making a wrong turn to the library door. The smell of old books and paper made his nose wrinkle in disgust as he tried remembering where the girl was sitting.

The oddly familiar brunette caught his eye more often that week alone than all of last year. He had no idea why it suddenly became apparent, but it prevented him from staying away from her. Never was it his plan to pop by when he saw her and he intentionally annoyed her with teasing and unnecessary comments. It was more often this year than last year because he didn't stick around her often, just simple looks.

Looking down an aisle of books, he scrunched up his face and turned away, proceeding to the rows of empty tables. He came upon the lonely table where the girl sat by herself at the back portion, a few people walking the halls where he'd just come from.

For some reason or another, he found himself with a smirk in a giddy mood just by approaching her. He didn't know why or what it meant, brushing it off like gum on the street, not caring. Dean tapped on the end of the table and the girl felt the vibration in her hand. She looked up as the music in her ears was blaring and almost immediately, her brows narrowed with a wrinkled forehead as she saw the hockey player.

He said something but she missed it due to her headphones being too loud. Dean went ahead and lifted his hands to his ear, motioning for her to pull the muffs off and she slowly did, letting the headphones fall around her neck. "Nice song, Sully." He told her.

Her stomach sank as it sucked in, the name familiar but long forgotten.

She rolled her eyes at the nickname he'd stolen from her family's rich sound last name, as he like to tease her about.

"That's what you came to bug me about?" She asked, sitting back in her chair. "And it's Sullivan."

"Whatever." He waved it off. He dropped his hockey bag lazily onto the carpeted floor by the table and walked to the end where she sat. "No."

"Soo," She trailed. "Why are you here?"

He spun around, pretending to look at the books that bored him. "Came to tell you it's a Friday night and you're sitting here enjoying your homework." He points with a laugh.

Intrigued by the idea he was in the library, a place she never thought to find him, made her question the real reason he was there. "Hate to tell you, but by the looks of it, you spent yours playing hockey."

He faked a laugh and leaned over the table in front of her. She watched his veiny hands placed onto the edge of the table, only making them protrude even more which had her staring momentarily. "You know, Sully..." He trailed and she didn't hear a word he said, too occupied by him standing over the table to listen.

Shaking her head, she looked away from him carelessly. "Okay, and?" Was the only thing she could say, not even sure if she answered or replied properly to him. "Why are you really here?"

"Why did you change?" He asked, switching the topic.

"What do you mean?"

He shrugged, leaning over the table to eye her closely, glancing down to her half finished math sheet before laughing. "You know, lookin' less trashy and more casual?" He questioned, unsure how to define the clothes she wore nowadays.

Part of her face fell upon hearing his thoughts, but she pushed them aside and stood up. "So you're talking to me because I'm not trashy looking anymore?" She asked, voice lowering with hurt.

He was unphased by it, not realizing he hurt her feelings, and went on to shrug. "Yeah, I guess so."

Evangeline had pulled her papers together, messing up the several different subjects as she combined them together. She stuffed them into her math text book and inhaled, eyes staring at the table. "You know, Portman..." She trailed, exhaling and looked up at him. "You can shove that hockey stick and ego of yours up your ass."

He rose a brow at her sudden outburst.

"What'd I say?" He laughed.

She didn't find his laughter to be any funny and instead walked away from the table. "You didn't come here to talk. You came to pester me about my looks."

"In a good way-"

"No." She said a little loudly as her eyes widened, whipping around to look back at him. "No, you didn't...Jerk." She muttered and wandered away. "Get out, you're loitering."

"Ouch." He chuckled, watching her leave around the corner of some book shelves. He'd leaned back against the table, his eyes watching her butt the entire time she marched away. Candy to the eye, most of the hatred words she sent him had flown over his head as he watched her, amused by both her fiery attitude and her suddenly noticeable ass.

He never noticed she had curves, or an ass, until just then since she'd always sported athletic type clothing the year before. Or too big clothes that hid her actual body and he was surely impressed, unable to look away from her. The two things he noticed that changed since the year before was her newly highlighted hair and her bigger breasts.

Dean wasn't going to lie, she surely had him looking.