21. It's May? Already?

Start from the beginning

"What?! Like anything?"

"Does tea parties count, or maybe like race cars? I've played those."

"Are you being serious?"

"Dead serious. You pick."

"Fine...umm... how about if I ask you a question, you can either answer it or make me answer it. And you can't make me answer it twice in a row."

"And then it's my turn? Once I answer a question?" Amara asked.

"Yeah, exactly!"

"Okay, Parker, let's go. I'm starting," Amara said, trying to think of a question, "If you could live in any fictional universe, which one would it be and why?" Amara sat back, proud of the question.

"Star Wars! Easily! Are you kidding me? It's only the best movie franchise to come out, ever!"

"I don't think I've ever watched Star Wars before," Amara thought back trying to remember if she'd ever seen a lightsaber. She came to the conclusion that she hadn't.

Peter sat staring at her, awestruck. After he had a moment to process this groundbreaking news, he said, "What do you mean you don't think you've watched it before?"

"I mean... I haven't watched it before," she replied, smiling at the shock on her friend's face. "Why? Can you no longer be my friend anymore?"

"No, I didn't say that. But, how could you not have seen any of them, it's impossible to avoid it, surely."

"I guess I just never had time," Amara said, thinking about her childhood that she spent training and going on missions to save the world. Amongst all of that, who could possibly have time for movies.

"You didn't have any time?" Peter asked incredulously.

"Yeah, I didn't really watch movies as a kid. It didn't really interest me as much as... playing laser tag with my dad and my uncles." This was partially true. Just replace the lasers with real guns and the tag with don't get shot.

"That's crazy!" Peter said in amazement. "So every time that I've made a joke referencing Star Wars you couldn't have understood it?"

"Nope, I just kind of shrugged it off, I guess."

"Well Uh, you should have told me, I don't want you to feel left out! I would've stopped," Peter said, feeling guilty.

"Peter, chill. I'm fine, I don't need baby monitoring. Okay I'm getting bored now. Your question," Amara said, waving off the topic and starting to become slightly embarrassed at her lack of movie knowledge.

"Okay, hmm, let me think... uh...what is your... dream job?" He asked, finally.

Amara looked up at the ceiling and bit her bottom lip in deep thought, she had to think about that for a while, besides, she couldn't exactly say that her dream job was to be a superhero. "An artist. I mean if money didn't matter, then, yeah, an artist."

"Artist, huh? You any good?"

Amara smiled to herself and continued, completely ignoring Peter's question, "Okay my turn," she cleared her throat as Peter readied himself for his next question. "Biggest regret of your life, go!"

"Umm, that's kind of hard."

"Don't think, just say whatever comes to your head," she encouraged.

"I guess, not getting the chance to tell my parents how much I loved them, you know, before..." Peter trailed off, a distant look in his eyes.

Amara got up and sat next to Peter, reaching over to hold Peter's hand in an attempt to comfort him, "They know. Trust me," she smiled and Peter soon shook it off and continued, asking his question. "Who was your first ever crush?"