18. It's Been A Busy Two Days

Adore You - Harry Styles
You wonder, under summer skies
(Summer skies)
Brown skin and lemon over ice
Would you believe it?

Over the course of the next few days, Amara had been busy answering all of MJ's questions, training with the Avengers, working in the lab and doing her school work.

Apparently, the school was able to expel her if she wasn't meeting the standards of the school, so she was forced to complete her homework and submit assignments and group projects.

But the first thing she had to deal with when she got back on Saturday from her sleepover, was finding out what was wrong with Nat.

And so she made her way swiftly towards the training room, where Natasha always goes when she starts to feel human emotion in an attempt to punch it away.

"What are you doing down here?" Amara asked. She knew from experience that you can never straight up ask Natasha Romanoff what's wrong, you had to wait for her to bring it up.

"Training," Natasha replied, still looking straight at the punching bag in front of her.

"I can see that. Wanda told me you'd been down here for six hours straight," Amara waited for a reply but didn't get one. "Do you want to come up to eat?"

"I'm good. You go ahead."

"What about a break? 15 minutes is all I ask."

Again, no answer.

"10 minutes?" Amara bargained, desperately trying to get a reply. "5 minutes? 3? 1? Come on, give me something, anything!"

"I don't need a break. You take breaks when you need one."

"Yeah, well sometimes you don't even realise you need one."

"Well I don't and I've not reached my limit, yet."

"If that's the aim, you're gonna be training till tomorrow," Amara said.

"Then I'll see you tomorrow," Natasha replied just as quickly, finally stepping away from the bag as she unwrapped the boxing tape from around her hands. She then walked over to pick up her gun and unlatched the safety.

Amara watched Natasha head over to the shooting area and begin hitting the targets placed on the opposite wall, hitting the bullseye every time.

Amara sighed in frustration; she really didn't feel like doing this but was getting impatient with this tactic of getting Natasha to talk, "Get over here. Let's spar."

Natasha looked back at her and raised an eyebrow, "Really. You want to spar?"

Amara took her jacket off and readied herself in a fighting stance, "Uh huh, let's go." If she couldn't ease the information out, then Amara would overload her with questions while she was trying to fight someone off.

Nat threw the first punch, which Amara dodged, easily, "You're getting sloppy, Natty. Are your emotions getting in the way?"

Natasha lunged forwards and grabbed a hold of Amara's arm and punched her in her unprotected stomach causing her to fall to the ground, "Down here, there are no emotions."

Amara got up slowly and shook off the fall, "I can see that."

Natasha stated, "Again."

Amara breathed heavily, This is going to be a lot harder than I thought.

Amara went first this time, aiming for Natasha's legs and hoping to swipe them from under her, but she caught on quickly and retaliated by blocking her and consequently sending Amara to the floor once again.