5. Family Reunion

Back in Black -AC/DC

Back in the back of a Cadillac
Number one with a bullet
I'm a power pack
Yes, I'm in a band with a gang
They've got to catch me if they want me to hang

Amara called Happy to ask for a ride home, much to his displeasure. Nevertheless, he arrived within ten minutes and Amara got into the passenger side.

"Hey, bodyguard!" Amara said enthusiastically. "How's your life been lately."

"I'm not your bodyguard. And it was fine." Happy was trying his hardest to remain focused on the road ahead, almost like he knew what was coming next.

"So...how was it?" Amara asked him, careful not to push too far. Having lived most of her life being friends with Happy, Amara knows how to hold a conversation with the man.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Happy replied with indifference.

"Oh, for fuck's sake! That girl! Did she say yes? Is Happy Hogan going on a date this evening?"

Happy had to pause for a second, "...maybe."

Amara let out a small squeal that made Happy laugh. "So what time are you going? I'll make sure to cover for you with Tony."

"Thanks, kiddo! But it's at eight so I should be fine. Also, maybe don't tell anyone yet...I've only told you about this, so don't... I don't want anyone to know unless it goes well."

"Yeah, sure, uncle Happy. But, you have to promise to come over and tell me all about it."

"I will don't worry," Amara smiled at the confirmation. "We're almost home, so, quickly tell me how your day went. Did you see him?"

Amara smiled, "Yep, I saw him. I even talked to him."

Happy looked shocked enough to break his focus on the road for a split second to look over at Amara. "You spoke to him?!"

"Yeah, I told you guys I would be great at missions. Happy, I'm telling you right now, I'm gonna figure out this guy's identity within the next 48 hours. Then I'll finally prove that I have what it takes."

"I know you will, kid. I believe in you. And I know that you probably can't tell me about your mission because it's classified, right," Amara made a small sound in agreement, "but I'm sure you'll do great! I have faith in you kid. Always have," Amara smiled while she thought about just how lucky she was to have the life that she has, and the people that are in it, especially Happy, who has always been there for her since day one. He was her babysitter, uncle and friend all in one, at a time when she felt the most alone - when she first moved in with Tony.

"We're here," Happy said, breaking Amara out of her thoughts.

"Thanks again for the ride, Uncle Happy," Amara walked around to the other side of the car to give Happy a hug, then whispered, "And good luck on the big date." She let go of Happy and reminded him to give her a full report on the date tonight.

"Thanks, kid. I better get going, see you later," Happy got back in the car and Amara waved at him as he turned the car around and drove off.

--------

Walking through the lobby of Stark tower was always an...experience, or at least Amara had always thought so. Filled with all types of people: business people looking to set up a meeting with the genius billionaire himself; fans of the Avengers, hoping to catch a glimpse of Captain America or Thor (oblivious to the fact that Bruce Banner and Aura herself tend to walk past this area quite a bit); and even just workers at the tower, leaving for their scheduled lunch break. Lunch break?! Have I been gone for that long?