Aemond summoned Rhaenys to his bedroom that night for the first time in three weeks since she was in Harrenhal.

She didn't know why.

Did he wish to talk about Alicent's accomplishment? It was an important one, after all.

The lights were low, she steadfastly refused to glance at the bed, she imagined he now shared with his mistress.

Too much had happened in that bed for her to look at it.

Aemond didn't speak, didn't greet her.

Instead, he started walking towards her slowly, and when he got closer and closer, closer than was strictly necessary for a conversation, she became very confused. When he put a gentle hand on her cheek and started to lean down, she was even more confused.

His eyes slid shut, and it became abundantly clear he was trying to kiss her, so she placed a hand on his chest and gently pushed him away from her.

When she spoke, her voice was very serious, for she was trying her best to sound emotionless. ' Aemond, what are you doing? '

His eyes fluttered open and looked at her before quietly saying ' I miss you'

The heat that she hadn't noticed flooding her cheeks intensified, her eyes widening.
' Miss what?? You have your Alys for keeping your bed warm '

His eyes were hooded as he said, ' She means nothing to me. I miss touching you. Kissing you. Holding you. I miss you in my arms, and in my bed. I want that with you again. '

Rhaenys had no experience before Aemond. She didn't know if what they had shared was normal or not, but she'd always assumed that was what it was like, even if there were no emotions involved.

He's lonely, she reminded herself. His mistress was away from Harrenhal for past two days doing gods know what...

Rhaenys sighed, wishing he wouldn't attempt to use her for a fuck and nothing more. ' Very well ' she told him despite her reservations, ' I'll do my duty as your wife. '

He was surprised, judging by the expression on his face.

After several seconds, he said ' No, i didn't mean it like that...'

Rhaenys looked at him and replied, ' It's only ever been an obligation,Aemond. Nothing more. On our wedding night, we had to ensure the legality of our marriage, you needed a child, which I gave you. Nothing but obligation. '

' It didn't feel like an obligation when you wrapped your arms around me and kissed me ' he said  ' Don't say it was just an obligation '

' We had our chance to be happy, but you ruined when you made Alys River's your mistress  and you put a child in her '

' Please forgive me, it was mistake, she meant nothing to me ' he pleaded

' Some things husband, can't be so easily forgotten or forgiven. ' with that being said she turned and left his room.

~

Whole week passes without them exchanging even a word one to other, until one evening her maid Larra running enters her rooms.

' Princess... your husband...Prince Aemond...he'

' What's happened? ' Rhaenys demanded ' Is he alright? '

' I just saw him ' the girl told her. ' He...he was covered in blood '

Rhaenys didn't let Larra to finish her story, insted she put little Alicent into her arms, and then she run as fast as she could to reach Aemond.

Please be alright, she prayed. Please, Aemond.Please.

She couldn't reach his room fast enough, practically shoving the guards out of the way and bursting through the doors and letting them fall shut behind her.

' Aemond ' she said, relief flooding her veins and fueling her movements so she rushed towards him and threw her arms around without the slightest bit of hesitation.

He murmured her name, his hands finding the small of her back as he held her against him.

Suddenly remembering herself, Rhaenys pushed on his shoulders gently, intending to ease herself away from him, her cheeks flushed.

' I'm sorry ' she told him awkwardly. ' I heard you were covered in blood, and I just...'

' It wasn't mine' he said softly, sliding one hand up to cup her cheek, lifting her face up towards his.

And then he was leaning down and pressing his lips to hers, kissing her sweetly. It was still electrifying, somehow, and she nearly moaned at the feel of him so close to her.

She couldn't breathe, couldn't think.

He stroked her cheek with his thumb. ' I don't expect anything to come from me telling you this ' Aemond began softly, ' but I must tell you: I love you. I love you, and I want you to know that I do. Even if you don't want me anymore, don't love me anymore, I want you to know how much you mean to me.'

' I do still love you ' she told him quietly. ' I never stopped. But, I can't forgive you just like that ... or forget what have you done... maybe after some time I will ' after saying that she left his room, not wanting to humiliate herself further.

...