The Pack

CHAPTER 5

Pov: Justin 

I tossed my school bag on the passenger seat and put my laptop down. I got in and drove all the way home, and when I was halfway there, my phone started to ring. I answered it through the car, "Are you dead? Did my nephew forget about his aunt?" I heard my aunt say through the car speakers in a playful tone. "No, I did not forget about you. I have just been busy, that's all." I know it's a lame excuse, but I have no other reason or even a slightly better reason for not contacting her.

"Well, I thought since you didn't bother to tell me how things are going, I thought I'd come pay you a visit." Wait, what, why. "Why on earth would you want to do that, and I am also not ready to have guests?" 

"Nonsense, I know you way too well, you of all people love having things clean and organized. You are also way too rich to have a messy home, "she said with a giggle. "Okay, and what if I am not ready to have guests?" There was silence over the phone, and then I heard her say in a calm tone  "Don't worry, it will only be me, and I am coming over to check on you, that's all. I know it's been a difficult couple of months for you, and I just want to make sure you're okay. " I drove up my driveway and parked in my garage. "When will you get here, aunt Lisa?" I turned off the engine. "I will get there sometime this weekend." 

"I look forward to your arrival," I waited for her response. "Take care, Justin. I will see you soon," she put the phone down, and I was left in silence and with my thoughts. 

Pov: Nick

I once again spent the whole afternoon at the library and only left when the sun had set, I was walking to the pack house. The alpha had something he wanted to say and called for the whole pack to be there. I hope this is important, as I do have homework to do and I just picked out a new book to read at the library. I could hear the voices of the rest of the pack as the pack house  into view. The wolves must have smelt me as a few turned to look at me. I put my head down and walked foreword and past them. This pack isn't all just wolves, as evident by me being part of it. There are some other canines here like some dogs and hyenas, but the wolves make most of the pack. I walked into the house and moved through the crowds, and ended up walking into the alpha's son. He looked down at me with this dark smile and said "well what do we have here, one of the sponges?" You might need some context since fox's (in this case, me and my mom) are not nearly as strong as the wolves we end up depending on them for protection and safety. Also, since my mom struggles to supply us with everything we need, the pack pays for the house we stay in and some other stuff (like me and my sisters education). The alpha's son does not like that fact that much for me or any other one of us like the dogs  who also depended on the wolfs. 

"Author, I am here for the same reason as everyone else. The alpha called for a meeting", he crossed his arms and smirked."How about you stay and we can play a game of chase, after all, I hear fox's are slick and fast. It could be good practice chasing something like you", before I could say anything Lora came and stood in front of me and put her hands on here hips and said "you will do no such thing unless you want me to beat the living crap out of you and skin you alive". He didn't say anything. He just looked at her in disapproval and disgust before walking away with his friends. She turned around to me and gave me a hug, "You know that when he bothers you, you should call me." 

She stopped talking and looked around, so I decided to follow her gaze and saw that some of the other wolves were looking at us. She grabbed my arm and dragged me out to the court yard. The chairs were already set up, and the stage was ready, and some wolves were already seated. "We can wait out here for the alpha and stand here on the side lines." 

"You didn't have to do that, You know he wouldn't have really done anything. The alpha won't allow it." I wonder where my mother is. She wouldn't miss this. She has the out most respect for the alpha. Everyone sat down and was getting ready for the alpha, there wasn't enough chairs for everyone as the chairs were usually for the elders and high-ranking wolves. The alpha came up on the stage, and everyone went quiet. "Thank you, everyone, for coming, I know it's the middle of the week, and you all have busy days, so I will make this short. As you all know, my sons eighteenth birthday was last night, and now that he is of age, he will start training to be the next alpha. There is also the next yearly pack treaty, and we will be hosting it this year in three days so everyone is going to have to participate. There's a few more things to discuss. " Oh great, we are going to be here all night. "

Pov: Justin

I took another chug of the wine bottle, still trying to drown my damn memories of that night, I sat up and all the empty wine bottles went falling off the couch. Maybe I am more like my father than I am willing to admit. oh well, both my parents never stopped drinking, so I was bound to follow that example, and it's not like I can get drunk. My dragon body is far too strong. It takes a lot for a dragon to get drunk, and I doubt there is that much booze in this town. I turned on the PlayStation and decided to play some Minecraft for a couple of hours. I stopped to look at the time on my phone. It was 2 in the morning, and I was still wide awake. "Damn dragon genes,"  I said under my breath, irritated that I am still not tired and still wide awake.

I got up, turned the TV off, and went out for a walk to explore the town a little. For a town with wolves and cats, it's quite big, not like in the books you would read on wattpad (which I do read). In those books, wolf packs or cat clans are usually next to small towns or villages. This place had some stuff, a mall, an indoor swimming pool and a lot of houses. A few shops and two primary schools and two hours into my walk, I came up to a national park with a medium-sized museum not far from it. It's only 4am and there are still 4 hours before first class, so I am going to explore this park a little.

The beginning of my journey was what you expected, I saw some camping tables, a gift shop and some bathrooms. Further down was a camping site next to a lake and beyond that untouched forest. I walked into the forest for a while, and I stopped and looked around. Not a single sign of life, I took that opportunity and went into a clearing, or as big of a clearing as I could find. I will still end up braking a few trees and nocking some over a bit however no one will see or hear. I won't fly because then people will see me, even if it's the middle of the night, but I least I will be able to stretch.