Deal

CHAPTER 4

POV:Justin

What is it about that damn fox? Every time I catch his scent, my dragon goes mad. He can't be my mate. I would know if he was, unless he is not yet eighteen, but before I jump to conclusions, I should just spend some time with him and see if anything happens. It is probably nothing but my dragon going crazy from the change of well my whole environment. I will spend a break with him, and if need be do some investigating, then I will just have to contact my excuse for a family. Now that I think about it, if he is not yet eighteen, he wouldn't be able to even tell who his mate is. Enough of that, I have class to finish, and I have just missed half of the session already thinking about that fox.

The class wasn't so bad, I will admit that American history is extremely... um boring. My next class was art, which I am not so good at but one of the very few subjects I enjoy. Once that was finished, it was break, and I had no idea where to meet that fox. Wait, I'm a dragon. I can just track him by his scent. There were so many scent in this school, so it took me a minute to pinpoint the fox, and strangely, he was the only fox in the school. I followed his scent all the way to the other side of the school. He was putting a few things away in his locker. I walked up and leaned against the next locker. He faced me with this wide smile and said, "Oh hey Justin, how did you find me?"

"That's not important, so what are we going to do. Are we just going to talk, or will we be doing something active?" I got off the locker as its owner opened it.

"If you don't mind can we just talk and like get to know each other better, I'm not the most active of people", he closed his locker and clutched his books to his chest with his free arm. I also let him lead the way wherever he wanted to go. I took the time to catch more of his scent, and my dragon got restless, but at least it did not get mad. Could he be my mate, I guess I have no choice but to ask my grandfather for some of his wisdom. Yay I have to talk to that old fuck.

We ended up outside at the back of the school, you could very clearly see that not many people come here. The fox sat down under the only tree back here, and by the looks of it this tree was here before the school. I sat down on the opposite of him and asked "can you tell me what your name is again, I know you already told me but I would be very grateful if you do".

"My names Nicholas or Nick for short", he put his books down next to him and looked down at his hands. I like silence but not awarded silence, "okay, lets fill this silence with a game. It's simple, I ask one question and then you ask me one". Nick nodded his head in agreement.

"I will go first, how long have you lived in Moonvill", it's not much of a question but it gets things started.

"My whole life, I haven't even left the town", he frowned a little and it made me feel... bad, why. "Why have you not left Moonvill".

"We can't afford it, my family doesn't have much money so even a trip to the next town over is a little bit to much", that's sad, I never left my home country but I did travel.

"Justin you asked a question with out even thinking about, so now it's my turn again", is Nick trying to change the subject. "Okay then, ask your question." He gave it a minute of thought before he said, "What subjects did you take for the school year?"

"well lets see, there's the mandatory ones like math and English, but the subjects I chose are history, business, and art." Nick made a face like he was surprised by what I said. "History, business and art, those aren't usually subjects that go together."