-

The feeling of something brushing against your leg caused you to stir in your sleep. Then, the sound of leaves being stripped from branches caused your eyes to shoot open. A huge brachiosaurus had found its way over to your tree and was leisurely eating from the branches.

Everyone else was awake now, and it was clear that Lex was scared. "Go away!" she shrieked at the animal, who didn't seem to care.

"Shh, it's okay, Lex, it's just a brachiosaur," Alan said, helping to steady the young girl.

"Yeah, Lex, it's a veggiesaurus! It won't eat you!" Tim said, offering the brachiosaur a branch full of leaves to chew on.

"Veggiesaurus," Lex repeated, still slightly shaken.

"You can pet her if you want," you said, placing a hand on its head once Alan had drawn it in close enough.

Lex pet the dinosaur, and you could see her worry start to dissipate. You didn't blame her one bit for being nervous around dinosaurs after last night, but you hoped that the terrifying experience hadn't taken away any fascination she might feel for these creatures.

As you reached out, you felt another wave of pain in your chest, and you backed away, guided by steady arms. Alan had noticed your discomfort and steadied you with one hand on your arm and another on your waist.

When he noticed his hand placement, he quickly withdrew the hand that was on your waist and cleared his throat nervously.

You hadn't noticed this in your pain, as you were busy trying to alleviate the ache that wouldn't seem to go away.

"We should get moving," the man said, guiding the group to a safe spot where you could all climb down.

"Aww man," Tim complained, hopping off of his branch to head down the tree.

Lex was still coaxing the brachiosaur towards her, but it seemed to be drawing back, bothered by something. "It's okay, girl! Come here!" Lex continued.

Then, to everyone's horror, the giant head drew back with a deep breath and sneezed from the two large nostrils atop its head.

Tim laughed at loud at the sight of poor Lex covered in dinosaur snot, and the girl shakily turned to follow you all down the tree.

-

"That was disgusting," Lex said, wiping off the last of the brachiosaurus' snot from her arms.

"Oh great," Tim groaned, hopping over a log as the four of you made your way through a forested area of the park. "Now she'll never try anything new. She'll just stay in her room all day like a computer nerd."

"I'm a hacker, Tim," Lex protested. "It's actually very professional," she said, looking back at you.

"Oh really? And what does a professional hacker such as yourself do?" you asked, genuinely curious. Like Alan, you weren't too knowledgeable about computers and software and such.

"I break into programs and find information that the developers don't want you to know. I can hack into all sorts of things. One time, I even found a way to take one of Tim's dinosaur games apart."

"Yeah, and the triceratops turned into a bunch of stupid numbers. Hack your own game next time," Tim said crossly.

During the conversation, none of you noticed that Alan had stopped a few feet away and was inspecting something on the ground.

You, Lex, and Tim walked over to him to see what was the matter.

A few large, oval-shaped eggs in a circle were in a nest burrowed safely within the undergrowth of the wooded area. At once, it clicked in your head.

"They're reproducing," you breathed, remember Dr. Wu insisting that all of the animals in Jurassic Park were female.

"Guess the science behind this nightmare isn't as foolproof as everyone thought," Alan said, not taking his eyes off the eggs. "Let's keep moving," he said, eventually tearing his eyes away from the eggs that had not hatched yet. Even one of the most experienced professionals in the field had trouble resisting the prospect of taking home a perfect dinosaur egg.

As the four of you continued walking, you matched Alan's gait. "What do you suppose Dr. Wu will think once he finds out he was wrong?" You said, lowering your voice.

"I wish I could say that these people have the potential to gain some humility, but I'm not so sure. At this point, I'm convinced that if scientists can do something, they will. And it doesn't matter how many people have to die in the process." Your companion said, shaking his head.

"Yeah, well..." You paused and lightly nudged Alan with the side of your arm. "They're crazy for not being satisfied with bones."

The two of you exchanged a small chuckle, which slightly hurt for you, but you were glad to have such good company in such an awful situation.