62 • Cat's out • 62

Start from the beginning

"I don't believe that." He said.

I scoffed, "It's not about what anyone wants, Sebastian. It's about what they think is best even if they can't see it's not."

Tommy shifted in his seat, "Look, let's not worry about that right now."

"Exactly," Harry said like he just got an idea. "I think what you want is to make sure no one finds out what happened tonight, right?"

I nodded, but I knew it was no use. If we got caught, it was obvious what might have happened tonight.

"So, Charlie. You were with Joe and Taylor, watching a movie or something like that. We dropped you there on our way to the bonfire and picked you up on our way back. if they suspect anything about a fight, you weren't even with us so no problem. it will only be us who get shouted at." Harry explained.

"You'd lie for me?" I questioned, looking at him unsurely.

Harry smirked. "I'd lie for anyone sitting in this car."

I raised my eyebrows, but nodded. This was as good as it was going to get. All I could do was hope they're convincing liars good enough to fool two lawyers.

"We shouldn't go in the front door. It's louder --- draws more attention." Sebastian commented.

"We can go in round the back?" Harry suggested.

We all agreed and got out of the car as quietly as possible. I let them lead the way as I followed them round the side of the house. The four of us silently crept up to the back door. However, our hopes of not being seen were gone as soon as we saw who was stood on the other side of the glass door, looking out at us.

Peter.

Peter stood with his arms crossed, taking in the sight of four teenagers lurking around in his back yard. He reached out towards the sliding glass door and let us in.

"Hi, Dad!" Tommy greeted sheepishly.

"Fancy a hot chocolate?" Harry suggested as if a sweet drink was enough to make him forget he'd even seen us.

I tried not to groan, could I just go upstairs to bed?

"Where have you four been?" Peter questioned us.

We all stood still and I glanced at Harry, hoping he wasn't full of empty promises.

"Well, Dad. We dropped Charlotte off at her friends for movies or something boring like that and then us three went to a bonfire jack organised at the beach. It was good, he even supplied free marshmallows and --"

"--- Harry, I don't care." Peter cut Harry off, causing Harry to fall silent.

I felt the heat rise to my cheeks as he took us all in, from what we were wearing to the look in our eyes. I was glad I didn't dress up for tonight. My outfit could have had you fooled i was having a movie night at my friends. It was casual.

Peter's eyes landed on Harry yet again and I felt myself gulping. I knew he'd seen it. We were fucked.

"What's that on your lip?" Peter asked Harry, stepping closer to him. I watched as Peter cupped Harry's chin in hand as if he was a child. "you've cut it. How'd you manage to do that?"

Harry shrugged, not being unleashed from Peter's grip. "Rough sex?"

Peter raised his eyebrows at his son and i found my eyebrows at Tommy in amusement. Was he serious.

"With who?" Peter continued, looking at his son questionably.

"Ellie?" Harry replied.

"Your girlfriend from last year?" Peter's lips twisted in amusement. "The one who said she wished you would burn in hell after you kissed her best friend in front of her?"