Then, the chairman's son approached Takebayashi and they talked a little before walking away.

We followed them from outside but they entered the chairman's office which we couldn't see through the window because of the curtains.

Me: Well, I guess that's the end of it.

The Next Monday
Assembly Day
Main Hall
(Y/N) POV

Hazama: Haa?

Nakamura: Another speech from Takebayashi?

Takebayashi was standing at the podium on the stage.

Chiba: Apprehension.

Sugino: Eh?

Chiba: I can sense bloodlust from Takebayashi.

Sara: Looks like something is about to be totally destroyed.

Takebayashi started to speak.

Takebayashi: Please listen to what I would like to do. The Class E which I stayed is a gathering of weak people. Because they lack what we call academic strength, they receive discriminatory treatment from everyone in the main building.

I've said this before

Takebayashi: I was lying.

It's fine to be weak.

Takebayashi: Because I wanted to be strong. Because I wanted to be accepted.

Even Icarus who could fly fell to his death because of his foolish act trying to challenge the sun.

Takebayashi: Even though I was the most useless among Class E, and betrayed them, on top of that. My classmates still came to see how I was doing, many times. Sensei, even for a student like me, who had no knack for studying, he tried every method possible and schemed to teach me.

It has become human nature to want to be accepted.

Takebayashi: I, who was unaccepted by family, and all of you.

And it has become human nature to push everyone and everything that is different from them.

Takebayashi:...was treated as an equal by everyone of Class E. All of you who are aiming to become distinctly strong, and be accepted by society, I believe you are right and I respect you. But for a little while longer, I'm fine with being weak. While bearing weakness, and enjoying weakness, I will return to my life of aiming for the necks of the strong.