Chapter 43: The Training, Part Two

Start from the beginning

"Some of what the professors say is really, really funny!" Cardin snapped back. "Learn to live a little! It helps when we're marching towards our fucking deaths!" His eyes went wide when Blake screamed and dove for him. Cardin just stepped off to the side, leaping into the air and dropping his elbow on top of her.

The soldiers pushed and shoved to get front row seats, screaming at the top of their lungs, cheering for whoever they put money on. So far, Yang had the most bets. She was decking her friends left and right, her hair ablaze. She didn't discriminate; Yang punched everyone. Russell dodged one of her teeth-breaking swings, striking her in the waist. He followed up with an uppercut, pushing her to the ground. Y/N and Cardin were going at it again, slamming their heads into each other like a pair of goats. Y/N staggered back dizzily, blood trickling from a gash in his forehead. Cardin turned around and floored Weiss as she ran at him from behind, leaping on top of her.

Blake dropkicked Y/N, sending his sprawling to the floor. She didn't give him time to recover, punching his face in. Y/N grabbed her wrists, struggling to keep them away from his face. He snickered. "Hey, Blake! Aside from my Semblance, what makes me special?"

"You're retarded!"

Y/N didn't expect her to turn that around so quickly. He growled, pushing his hand in front of her and releasing a flash of his magic. Nothing that would hurt her - just a light bright enough to make her flinch. Blake let out a cry of surprise, giving him enough time to flip her over and get back into the fight. Weiss came flying into view, burying her knuckles into his arm. Not the prosthetic. He winced, cradling the bruise. "Ow! Weiss, what the hell!?"

The heiress looked bewildered. "I-I didn't mean to! I saw blonde hair and I thought you were Yang!"

No words would change what happened next. They broke out into a fist fight, just like everyone else. Yang was dog piled by Cardin and Russell, bringing her to the ground. Yang stood up with them still hanging onto her arms, swinging her head around wildly. She crushed Russell's nose with her forehead before kicking Cardin back, letting out a whoop of joy.

"This is what I'm talking about!" She cried. "Hit me!"

Blake was more than happy to obey, slamming her knuckles into Yang's abs. Yang grinned; not a good sign. "Hiya, Blakey! What's my Semblance again?"

Blake's face went pale when Yang launched her into the cheering crowd, who only pushed her back into the fight. The Faunus wiped the blood from her lip, stumbling back into the fight. She decked Weiss in the back of the head, catching the heiress off guard. Yang snickered, turning back to Y/N. He was dodging Cardin's swings, focusing his Semblance in an effort to heal himself. Something Yang wanted to stop. She let out a war cry, wrapping her arms around his waist and lifting him off the ground. She charged, using Y/N as a human shield before slamming him against a water tank.

Y/N felt terror swelling in his chest. Yang's Semblance was active - not what he wanted to see. She reeled back her fist, throwing it forward. Y/N moved his head to the left, his sister's hand cracking the water container. Freezing water sprayed over them, drenching Yang. Y/N squirmed from her grasp, punching her in the nose.

Russell screamed in terror when Cardin grabbed his ankles, using him like a bat to hit Blake. He threw Russell at Y/N before tackling Weiss to the ground. The soldiers erupted in cheer, watching as Y/N continued to dodge Yang's swings.

"Come on, I'm right here! Hit me, Yang!" Y/N laughed. Yang just grabbed his throat, tugging him off balance. He didn't have time to think before she floored him with a devastating punch, sending him stumbling backwards. The soldiers were focusing on Y/N and Yang, making their bets again.