Nothing Left Between US

Friday has arrived. Chuuya said goodbye to their sister this morning, and barely contained their excitement through their three classes that day. They knew Osamu's schedule is almost as equally excessive on Friday as it is on Monday, so they headed home to prepare for him to come over.

As they walked they were aware that the skip in their gait was more prominent than usual. When they got closer to their apartment building they decide to pull out their phone to text Higuchi.

To: Higuchi
are you free? i have tea (teacup emoji)

Within seconds their phone is vibrating with a call from her.

"Hey girl." Chuuya greets her.

"This better scald me, because I just took my break early." Chuuya can hear Higuchi shuffling in the background. This girl stays busy, so her messiness is justified.

"I've been holding out on you. Has anyone spilled yet?" Chuuya questions her.

"Nobody has told me jack. You have barely talked to me in months, and have missed two shows in that time. Why do you think I called so fast? I am owed an explanation, Chuu."

"Lose the attitude, Gucci. Life has been wild on my end. I met my soulmate."

Chuuya holds their phone slightly away from their ear so they can register when the hysterics end.

Finally, when they no longer have to fear for their hearing they put the phone back to their ear.

"And? And?! What are they like? Tell me everything! It's romantic, right? An idyllic sentimentalist like you has to have that!"

"He is unlike anything I have ever imagined, and everything I didn't know I wanted. I have been distant lately because he doesn't like being around people. It's more than being shy or having social anxiety. He is getting better, but alone with me is completely different. He is so uninterested in everyone else around him," Chuuya laughs. "But not me. He has fun with me. He's very intelligent and I think that's partially why he gets bored easily. He was shy and anxious at first, but he's comfortable with me now and things are going really well."

"How does he treat you?" Higuchi asks.

Chuuya smiles. "He has been showing me more sides to himself lately. All of them are good. He is considerate, and gentle, and sometimes a bit intense. He likes to ask me questions about everything and listens to me attentively. He is caring, and the ways he shows it are cute. When I climb on things he moves close to me like he thinks I'll fall, but we all know my balance is on point. I wore a crop top hoodie last weekend and he didn't say anything at the time, but the next time we planned to meet up he told me to dress warmer." Chuuya giggles. "He also noticed I'm vegetarian without me having to tell him. We hadn't even eaten that much together. I think what I like the most is the way he looks at me."

"I'm really happy for you. He sounds great. I'm guessing the intensity and the way he looks at you are related. How soon did you start having sex?" Higuchi asks.

"Gucci!" Chuuya shouts at her once they shut their apartment door behind themselves.

"It's just a question, Chuu~. Knowing your ass you've already written poetry about it."

"We haven't! I— you suck! I didn't even get a chance to tell you myself and ask for advice." Chuuya whined.

"Whoa. Really? It's been what? Two months now? You realize you're going to be together for the rest of your lives. What are you waiting for?"

"I regret every life choice I have ever made involving you."

"No you don't. I'm the best girl friend you have. Who else are you going to ask your sex questions to? Your sister? That'd be awkward. Ryuunosuke? He's ace. Michizou? Oh right. A virgin."