First Times For Everything

Osamu is not good at meal planning. How could you expect that of him anyway? He's a college student. Breakfast happens like .. twice a month tops. And he's getting better! He used to forget to eat way more often than he does now. Snacks and lunch are his go to 'meals'. After class in the evenings if he feels peckish he'll go to a combini or market for actual food.

Something that he can talk himself into easily is sushi. So when he started randomly craving it Monday evening he was unsurprised. As he made his way to the market he avoided every person in his path and walked fast.

A little after entering the store his phone started vibrating with texts.

From Chuuya claiming they missed him.

Well this wasn't necessarily surprising, but Osamu hadn't expected them to outright say that either.

They bought him coffee and snacks a few days ago. It would be polite to get something for them back. They could meet up and hang out for a bit until it gets dark. Then he could walk Chuuya home.

Osamu has watched Chuuya eat a few times before, and was sure he had never seen them eat any meat. There was one time when Chuuya ate a bunch of fruits mixed together and called it a salad. Osamu thought that was both odd and cute. He couldn't judge them because he didn't eat real food much to begin with, but a whole bunch of fruit for lunch? Okay then..

When they asked for tofu his suspicions were confirmed that Chuuya didn't eat any meat, including fish. He jokes to himself that might be why they haven't grown taller, but he isn't sure when is an appropriate time to start teasing them. He has kept his snarky comments to himself so far, but wonders when they will get to the point where messing with them is okay.

Is it normal for him to be curious what kind of expressions Chuuya would make if someone were to poke fun at them?

Can you blame him for wanting to know if the badass Chuuya gets flustered?

Nevertheless, it's an interesting idea.

Osamu doesn't want to come across as mean, so that's a big part of why he's holding back.

It takes him a moment to decide what to get them to drink, but he settles on some watermelon juice for Chuuya and a cold brew matcha for himself. To be extra safe he gets a water bottle too. Stay hydrated kids.

Soon enough he's checking out and as he's heading to the exit his phone buzzes with Chuuya saying they're here.

He spots them easily. Finding they're walking even slower than usual because their face is in their phone.

He watches them receive his text and waves when they look up.

From one look Osamu can tell something between them has changed. Their steely eyes glimmer and pale pink lips curve into a smile so wide and bright Osamu is temporarily blinded. While he is caught in light that is Chuuya's radiance they close the distance to hug him.

Their arms wrapped around his middle and their head presses into his chest. Osamu registers this is their first hug and hugs them back with his free arm. Their claim of missing him must have been the truth. That realization makes him laugh out loud.

He could tell that nothing was wrong. Chuuya wasn't seeking him out for comfort because something bad happened or anything. For once in his life he was sure he picked up on a cue properly. Chuuya missed him because they like him and wanted to see him. The thought made Osamu feel cherished and joyful.

When Chuuya pulls out of the embrace he lets them go and returns their smile.

"You really did miss me then." Osamu teases them lightly.