Tangled Up

Osamu is alone in his dorm working at his desk. Doppo has night classes a few times a week and it may be hell for him, but to Osamu it's an actual blessing. Being left alone to his studies and thoughts was heavenly. If he plays his cards right he could finish before Doppo's class ends, and be asleep by the time he gets back.

His phone rings and it startles him. Nobody calls him. That's mostly because hardly anyone has his number. He picks it up to see who it could be.

'Chuuya' with the snail emoji. Because they walk slow! That thought makes him smile before he answers the call.

"Hello?" Osamu answers.

"Hey. What are you doing?" Chuuya's voice even sounds soothing through the phone.

"Studying." Osamu represses a yawn.

"Your roommate has night classes tonight, right?" Chuuya asks.

Osamu told them that before. He is a little surprised they remembered.

"Uh yes."

"My sister is video chatting with her boyfriend and will not shut up for anything. I know he is not that funny! Anyway I have to finish 'Oblomov' by yesterday. I was wondering if I could come over and read for a bit. The library closes at-"

"Seven on Friday. I know. And that's.. fine. I'll send you the information."

"Thanks a lot. I need some quiet and I know you're good at that." For the first time Osamu is sure Chuuya sounds happy.

He hadn't been able to tell before. Not in person and especially not over text. This time clearly he could hear a joyful pitch in their voice.

Osamu hears an obnoxiously loud feminine laugh in the background. He could definitely see why Chuuya couldn't concentrate. If he had to deal with that he would have invested in noise canceling headphones.

"No problem."

"See you soon." Chuuya ends the call.

Osamu texts them his dormitory location and room number.

He receives some emojis in response.

Osamu gives the room a quick once over. Doppo is a neat freak so his side of the room is spotless without so much as a speck of dust. His own side is relatively tidy too. He gets up to throw an empty water bottle away and remake his bed. He isn't nervous about Chuuya being here, but he wants to make an okay impression.

Chuuya only lives about a fifteen minute walk from campus. When twenty-two minutes go by Osamu considers texting them to make sure no one kidnapped them. It wasn't dark out yet and this area is pretty safe so he decides against it.

A few minutes later and a knock resounds on his door. Osamu gets up from his desk quickly and crosses the small space to open it in two steps. Chuuya greets him from the other side.

"Hey." They say with a small smile.

Osamu steps aside to let them in.

Chuuya takes the unspoken invitation. They are wearing a pink hoodie today that is cropped and shows off a small portion of their lower abdomen. The black sweatpants are looser up top, but tight around their calves. Red hair is down, framing their face, and their nose is a little red from the cold. It's not getting any warmer, so they should be wearing more clothing. Not less. Not that Osamu was complaining..

They take off their backpack and pull out the mentioned book.

"I stopped at a convenience store on the way, and got snacks. You can pick whatever you want. I don't really know what you like so it's all random."