Chapter 51: Urgent🍁

Start from the beginning

"Wait, let me braid it." Cassandra stopped me.

Braid?

"Fine, but only on one side," I said and she nodded.

I grabbed all my stuff before heading to the sitting area near the window. I sat down and Cassandra stood to my side, starting to braid my hair. As she was doing so, I looked outside the window. My eyes landed on Evan who was alone by the lake in his wheelchair.

"Evan is by the lake alone," I commented.

"None of his sons is here," Cassandra added.

"Should we keep him company?" I asked her.

"We can, we don't have much to do anyway," Cassandra chuckled.

(Braids⬆)

Twenty minutes later, she was done. I went to check the braids in the mirror and not gonna lie, I love it. It gave me a badass look. We both walked out of the room, making our way downstairs.

Like yesterday it was quiet. Two maids were cleaning up the living room and the dining room.

We walked out to the backyard to Evan.

"Good morning," We both greeted him.

He turned to us and smiled.

"Good morning ladies."

When we stood beside him, that's when I noticed his clothes. He was wearing a knitted sweater, a scarf around his neck and a beanie.

I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Are you cold?" I couldn't help but ask.

He chuckled, "No, not right now. This morning it was cold though."

"Since when are you out here?" Cassandra asked curiously.

"I like to wake up early and come here to watch the sunrise. My previous chemos didn't give the doctor the good result that they were hoping and since then I'm making the most of the life that I have left. Any day could be the last day that I watch the sun rise or set." He explained firmly.

Damn...

Both Cassandra and I glanced at each other.

"Anyway, enough of my sad life. Do you two know each other? You are Val's girlfriend right?" Evan asked Cassandra.

"Hmm friend," Cassandra corrected him.

"That's not what he told me," Evan smiled. Cassandra smiled, blushing a little.

"She's my cousin," I added.

"Oh, nice to meet you, dear," Evan spoke firmly.

"Likewise."

We stayed in silence, looking at the lake view.

"I like this view," Evan murmured.

"It's pretty but far from perfect." Cassandra absent-mindedly commented.

"Hmm, that's true. Not everyone can pick up the negative vibe of this place since no one knows the history, I'm guessing that your sixth sense is sensitive." Evan commented briefly looking at Cassandra.

"Yeah, my sixth sense never disappoints me," Cassandra murmured.

Speaking of sixth sense, right now I suddenly felt like being watched. I turned around looking at the woods by the house. I gave a solid look around but didn't find anything.

I glance at Cassandra and she was still looking at the lake unbothered. Her calm self just confirmed to me that there wasn't any spirit involved. There must be someone around here, looking at us.

I wasn't going to jump to conclusions as it could be security guards or even the maids of the house.

A/N

Vote
Comment
Share
Follow
Love ya
;)
LovelyShifah