I looked at them with no emotion.

With each holding a similar size in each hand, it was as if Cassius had prepared hundreds of jewels for me.

I would just leave it alone after receiving it, anyway.

'....?'

I tilted my head, not understanding for a moment what was going on as the servants handed out packages one by one to the guests, not me.

'If it's a gift in return, it should be delivered after the reception. What is that...?'

Then, there were cries of exclamations from the guests who opened the package.

It was only after I pulled out my neck that I could see what they got.

'....!'

Inside each box were jewels that looked remarkably expensive.

At first glance, they were diamonds, emeralds, and rubies. It was not processed into a brooch or necklace. However, it was a top-quality gem with a large egg, so each person could process it according to their taste.

I frowned.

No matter how much it was for the show off one's wealth, it was too far. Besides, it wasn't given as a gift in return but to show it off in the middle of the reception.

Even if the Imperial Family suspected that Karthus had other plans, there was nothing to say. Of course, he wouldn't mind any of those suspicions in the first place.

"Evelyn, I have something to do for a while. Will that be okay?"
​​
I blinked my eyes at his words.
​​
All the distinguished guests have gathered, yet he is going to leave?

"Go ahead."

Either way, it was welcome to take a moment to catch my breath from him. But soon, I realized that I had made a big mistake.

The fact that Cassius is absent...

It meant that the Dukes and Duchess sitting at the same table could pay their full attention to me!
​​
"Young Lady Garneid, you are not sick anywhere, are you?"

The Duchess opened her mouth with her worried face.

I smiled slightly and replied.

"I was just nervous. This is the first time I've seen the Crown Prince, the Princes, and the Princesses."

"Certainly, they don't come out of the Imperial Palace very often."

Saying so, the duke nodded his head in agreement and added, "Cassius must have put a lot of effort into it."

"I see..."

"You don't have to make that face. Just by reminding him of what love is, the Young Lady has been a great help to our family."

Yes...?
​​
I doubted my ears for a moment.

It was because those were those words that would not come out of the solemn and stern Duke. In fact, there was a rumor of the Duke and Duchess of Brudenell and their love of the century. Although after meeting the real Duchess, I concluded that the rumors had been blown up quite a bit.
​​
The Duchess seemed to be a person who did not believe in true love. If she did, she would have added her words after her husband, the Duke.

Nevertheless, now, the words that came out of the Duke's mouth were completely denying my thoughts.

"You look surprised. Young Lady doesn't seem to know how great love is."

"That's great, haha... "

I was speechless and struggled to get an answer.

Fortunately, Cassius returned just in time.