"what about your sister? where is she?" The man asked.

"i don't know. We got separated. What's with the 20 questions? I shrugged and shook my head, not wanting to play this game anymore.

"you're safer here." He said.

       I wiped a tear away, not really knowing why i was crying. dad was a piece of shit, but he was still my father. The fact he was gone gave me some relief, but not enough of it. I wish i could say i had nothing to fear anymore, but there's so much to be afraid of now..

Mom was pissed at me for not saving dad like i should've. Although she never agreed with the way he treated me, she soon became just like him. It broke my heart, seeing how different she became after his death.

how could she do that?

          I always asked myself over and over, knowing i would never get the answer i know i  deserve. It made no sense, how could she disagree with my father, but then leave all these marks on me?

"you don't belong with these people. You're hard, they're soft." i looked at him.

"you don't know shit about me." The man looked at me. 

𓆩♱ 🖤₊˙ 🔪 ♱𓆪

            The man had brought something to eat, along with some water so i could finally take the pill he had given to me earlier.

He walked away again, going back up the stairs, and closing the door to the cellar, leaving me all alone. I quickly took the pill first, washing it down with some water.

I picked at the food, not really in the mood for an appetite. Part of me didn't know if the food  could be trusted or if it was poisoned with something. I didn't necessarily trust the pill either, but my head was throbbing.

              I took a few bites, knowing i needed to eat if i didn't want to become weak. After finishing up i scooted the tray away, and laid back down, covering up with the one blanket i had. All the stuff i had— the man took. My gun, knives, a backpack that had some clothes in it along with one bottle of water, a flashlight and some matches.

          Just as i was about to fall asleep i heard the door creak open, but continued laying there thinking nothing of it. Probably just the man from before, but It wasn't him this time, in fact it was someone else i hadn't seen before. He was a younger boy, dirty blonde hair with a compass on his shirt.

"i'm Henry." The teen spoke.

"y/n." i said back.

         The teenager gave a small smirk when he heard my voice. I could tell he felt bad that i was locked up, even offered to let me out for a bit which of course i hesitantly agreed.

I checked the surroundings, not wanting to be caught by anyone. Henry walked in front of me as i followed behind him, looking around to see a nice community.

          It had high walls made of wood, there was a big house of some sort along with some trailers lined up, there was a garden, a few cows, it was nice and big, well protected.

It was safe in here, Maybe not from other people, but from those things that creep around. Henry quickly grabbed my hand, making us both fall when he saw someone walking by, not wanting to be seen by them.

"you okay?" Henry asked after he had accidentally tripped us both.

"yeah, i'm okay." i looked at him, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.

"probably shouldn't be out here, but it sucks being locked up in there." Henry spoke softly.

"why are you being nice? unlike the other guy" i asked, desperately wanting the answer.

"daryl? he can be a bit of an asshole and You don't seem to be trouble." Henry answered.

"i wouldn't be so sure. You can't go around trusting anyone. Some People aren't worth trusting." i told him, being sure he knew my honesty.

"i can trust you, can't i?" Henry asked.

         I didn't know how to respond, i wanted to tell him yes, but how could i be so sure when i had only just met him?

Anything could happen, i could easily kill this young boy, and break out of this place now, but did i really want to do that? Of course not.

I knew as long as i was out of the cell, that little voice in my head would be trying to convince me to just go, escape and live on my own like i've gotten used to, but the other voice told me to stay, try my luck with these people, Maybe it would be for the better rather than risking my life out in the streets alone.

"can you take me back to my cell?" i asked with a slight stutter.

"yeah. Yeah, sure." Henry said helping you up.

𓆩♱ 🖤₊˙ 🔪 ♱𓆪

                The sun had come up and i was alone in the cell again after Henry brought me back. I didn't get much sleep my mind wouldn't shut off, and there's no bed in the cell which kinda sucked, but at least i was inside this time rather than sleeping outside in the grass not knowing if i would make it to morning.

Daryl stopped by again to check up on me. Later on Henry came down to the cellar, offering me some clean clothes. It was a long sleeve shirt and a pair of jeans. He gave me a brush along with a wet rag to clean up a bit, which i thanked him for.

He was sweet, a little too soft. He needed to toughen up if he wanted to survive the apocalypse. Or maybe he's just really good at playing nice, either way i was thankful for his kindness. not many people are like that.

                I didn't even know if i still did, giving my childhood and being all alone. It's been so long since i've interacted with other people that i didn't know if anybody else was even alive.

or if everyone was just. Gone.

It's been maybe a year since father died, and 6 months since mother's death. I got separated from my younger sister, thinking she's probably dead too. It was hard being alone after that, but it was better than being with abusive parents who seemed to only have pretended to love me. Nothing i did was good enough in their eyes.

There was only one person in my life that treated me well, my first boyfriend, but he's probably dead now just like most of the population. I hated the feeling of abandonment, I hated it whenever someone would raise their voice at me.

It freaked me out and only gave me PTSD because of my parents, mostly because of dad. He wasn't too bad when i was a little girl, but once i hit puberty that's when he got worse..

        He was protective but not in the right way, he was obsessive like he didn't want anyone else to have me. He didn't want me to have a boyfriend or male friends so i always had to keep it secret.

thank god that living nightmare is over.

although he was still stuck in my mind and there was no erasing him from it no matter how hard i tried...