014. psychics and poltergeists

Start from the beginning

"Look, Sam, people have weird dreams, man. I'm sure it's just a coincidence." Dean says, sitting on the edge of the bed that the girls are on.

"No, I dreamt about the blood dripping, her on the ceiling, the fire, everything, same with Noah, and I didn't do anything about it cause I didn't believe it. And now I'm dreaming about that tree, about our house, and about some woman inside screaming for help. I mean, that's where it all started, man, this has to mean something, right?"

"I don't know."

"What do you mean you don't know, Dean? This woman might be in danger. I mean, this might even be the thing that killed mom and Jessica, and probably Noah."

"All right, just slow down, would ya?" Dean paces. "I mean, first you tell me that you've got the Shining? And then you tell me that I've gotta go back home? Especially when..."

"When what?"

"When I swore to myself that I would never go back there?"

"Look, Dean, we have to check this out. Just to make sure."

"I know we do."

+++

They pull up to the siblings' childhood house.

"You gonna be all right, man?" Sam asks.

"Let me get back to you on that." Dean says. They get out of the car, Natalie getting Libby out of her car seat first. She gives Libby to Sam and Ophelia gets out of the car. Sensing her father's nerves, Ophelia yanks on his jacket, getting his attention.

She holds her arms up and Dean picks her up, Ophelia wrapping her arms around his shoulders, resting her head against his.

They go to the house and knock on the door, Sam recognizing the woman who answers it as the woman in his dream.

"Yes?" She asks.

"Sorry to bother you, ma'am, but we're with the Federal--"

"I'm Sam Winchester, and this is my brother, Dean, and sister, Natalie." Sam cuts his brother off. "This is my daughter, Libby, and niece, Ophelia. The three of us used to live here. You know, we were just drivin' by, and we were wondering if we could come see the old place."

"Winchester. Yeah, that's so funny. You know, I think I found some of your photos the other night." Jenny says.

"You did?" Dean asks and Jenny nods.

"Come on." She steps aside, letting them walk in. She leads them to the kitchen where a girl a little older than Ophelia is sitting at the kitchen table and a toddler boy is jumping in his play pen while chanting "juice."

"That's Ritchie. He's kind of a juice junkie." Jenny says, grabbing a sippy cup out of the fridge and going over, giving it to her son. "But, hey, at least he won't get scurvy." She walks over to the table. "Sari, this is Sam, Dean, and Natalie. They used to live here. And that's Ophelia and Libby."

"Hi." Sari greets and Dean and Natalie wave at her.

"Hey, Sari." Sam smiles.

"So, you just moved in?" Dean asks.

"Yeah, from Wichita." Jenny says.

"You got family here, or...?" Dean asks.

"No. I just, uh... needed a fresh start, that's all. So, new town, new job -- I mean, as soon as I find one. New house." Jenny says.

"So, how you likin' it so far?" Sam asks.

"Well, uh, all due respect to your childhood home. I mean, I'm sure you had lots of happy memories here. But this place has its issues." Jenny says.