Part 1 - Awake

You swallow shakily as you clear what's left of the food on the store shelves.
A monster could be out there, but you'd never know it. Somewhere out there, in the shadows.
It's been a few weeks since the blackout, and you've been fighting day after day. Gather food, and hide in the back of a store. It's a repetitive cycle that you've become accustomed to.
You settle down behind a counter, and quietly open the blueberries you snatched.
You pop one in your mouth, and grimace at the sweet-sour taste.
They're not the best fruit... but they're food.
Speaking of food, you've noticed a lack of food on the store shelves.
Surely it wasn't because of you, because day after day, it looks like more and more goes missing, even while you're asleep.
You build up the idea of more survivors, but you knock it back down every time.
There's no way more people could be here, surviving against those things.
You sigh, and put the blueberries back in your bag.
You stand up, and silently make your way to the exit of the store, peering around for any sign of the creatures that you call "the lurkers."
After not seeing any, you stealthily walk to the store next door, which happened to be a clothing store.
You walk in, keeping an eye out for any lurkers.
You meander through the store, analyzing clothes.
There seems to be less than before...
Your shopping is interrupted by a low growl, and your heart stops.
You look behind you, and spot a lurker in the next room over.
It hasn't seen you, thank goodness, but it will if you don't get out.
You walk out quietly but quickly, and head to a store that's nearest to you, just wanting to be inside, hopefully away from any lurkers.
The store was quite big, but wasn't too big. It was a Best Buy, but it seemed to be empty. Looks like it just got added to the mall before the incident.
You walk around the empty store, thinking of setting up base here.
Then, you hear a noise, and your blood freezes.
You snap your head to the direction, and see a quick figure move behind a shelf.
Your jaw drops, and your eyes widen even more.
If that was a lurker... why is it hiding from you?
Maybe it's a baby. You have no idea if these things can reproduce.
Despite everything inside of you screaming not to, you peer behind the shelf.
But... there's nothing there.
You sigh.
You must've been imagining things.
You continue walking, just a bit more paranoid.
You decide to try the back of the store, farthest from the exit.
A bit inconvenient for you, in case a lurker were to find you inside, but far enough away to where you'd know if a lurker was there before it was too late.
When you turn the next shelf, you let out a small gasp, flinching in instinct.
A group of people.