Act 3 Chapter 7 Memories

Third Pov

1 million years ago

Without him, our nights would be dreadfully dark. Our weather, wild and extreme. Our waters, all but still.

Without him calling down to us every night, looming so tantalizing close, perhaps we never would've flown beyond our own atmosphere.

That without the god of the moon, we'd all be lost.

Present Day(2018)

New Phoebes City

Khonshu Pov

I was there when the celestial, Aurelion Sol, fell. The diseased one whose rotting corpse infected the newborn Runeterra. From my holy perch in the night sky, I watch the infection spread. Just like I watch the starbrand comet attempt to burn it all away, along with everything that lived. And the Ascendeds descend to be welcomed and worshipped by the half-witted dregs who survived. I have always been here, quietly guiding you lot through the long night of your own evolutionary fumbling.

Yet when the great powers of the prehistoric world first united, they did so......without Khonshu. As if the lord of the moon was not even worth their notice. I wonder...if they notice me now.

We will see that they do. EVERY LAST ONE! Won't we Skyfall?

Priest: My lord.....The great salvation of the moons less luminous satellites continues, Lord Khonshu. Through your humble priests regret to report that Runeterra fortification progresses....slower than the forecast.

Priest 2: There remain heavy pockets of resistance in Demacia, Noxus, and Frejliord, and beneath the seas.

Priest 3: But every hour, more mummified acolytes are being conjured from the realms beyond and more moon powered pyramids erected at strategic points along the global ley lines. The world will be yours, Oh benevolent one. The world will be saved. All thanks to mighty Khonshu.

Hmmmm....... power I need more power. With what I have right now isn't enough.

Third Pov

There's still a hole inside of him. A hole full of fear. His dreams are still rife with visions of burning worlds. With moons of screaming metal and comets of human flesh. With hell on a cosmic level. Khonshu knows and he will need more power.

And maybe more for himself......

Follower: My lord.....the moon train....The moon train runs tonight. With a special cargo that we prepared. As a lure for the last shreds of Recistance within this region. With the help of your fist, we hope to....

Khonshu: The fist has his own mission. He..... *silence*

Follower: My lord?

Khonshu: Leave now! If you value your immortal soul.