7 - Righteous Hand

Start from the beginning

Though, this presence felt both strange and familiar. She uses the wind of the flames around her to clear the smoke.

Origami grunted in frustration at having her revenge interrupted again. After all, this was to avenge her dead parents who she believed were killed by this very fire Spirit.

At first, when she had fought the newcomer, Monarch, seeing how she used flames to block the missiles, she became furious at her. But once she saw how Monarch's powers weren't focused on flames and instead sees Kotori wielding flames, her anger was redirected.

She had thought that it was Monarch that killed her parents. Now she was sure that it was, instead, Efreet.

Overwhelming human emotions can lead to multiple holes in reasoning and arguments.

She sees the silhouette of a certain crown.

Origami: "Why are you here now, Monarch?!"

She clears the smoke with a burst expansion of her Territory.

At the same time, as the smoke cleared for Efreet and Origami, they see the boy they were both familiar with-floating in the air with a scared look on his face as he wears the crown of Monarch, Laura Agana.

While the two were in shock, Shido was scared half to death.

Shido: "AAhh! Woah! Hah! I didn't know you could fly!"

Keter Adom: "It is efficient. Communicate to Keter Adom your commands. Keter Adom will not allow the temporary crown bearer harm."

Kotori & Origami: "Shido?!"

Keter Adom: "Focus, now."

Its androgynous voice spoke out nearly robotically.

Snapping out of his panic, he looked at the two.

Shido: "Origami! Please, you need to stop this!"

Origami: "Why should I?! I can't just stop this, Shido!"

Completely ignoring the fact that he has Monarch's crown on him, Origami blared her voice at him and Efreet.

Origami: "Because of Efreet! It's because of her that, five years ago,-- MY PARENTS ARE DEAD!"

A feeling of stabbing dread quickly broke through Kotori's mind, suddenly processing the information that she had killed people. She killed people.

Kotori: "What-- What are you...?"

The manic berserker side of her regresses back into her unconscious mind as the feeling of having actually murdered people messed with her head.

Origami: "Don't you get it, Shido? It was her, Efreet, the Spirit of Flames, that killed my parents five years ago! And I have never forgotten it! It ends here, and it will end now, EFREET!"

Horrified by the new information, and after bearing witness to her causing severe, nearly life-ending burns to Laura, the circumventing emotions turned to a mortified scream.

Kannazuki: "This is even worse, now! Kotori's mood is plummeting to dangerous levels!"

Reine: "If this goes on further, she might..."

Reine's tired voice trails off.

The crew inside the Fraxinus wanted to do something, but they could only hope in Shido for this. It was a dangerous gamble, but they did trust him.

They do not have contact with him since he discarded his earpiece. This was sure to be a worrisome time.

Although, questions started popping up within the crew at the sight of Shido using the powers of Keter Adom.