10

(Play the song above for a more enhanced experience)

———————

Aemond took a step back from Princess Aemma and tried to silence his heavier breathing as Aemma Targryen held out her hand and traced his scar with her fingers. "You must not allow your mind to deceive you Aemond,"

His skin felt rough on her fingers, she bit her lip when she reached his eyepatch, the dark leather felt warm under her cold touch.. "Is it true Aemond?" Whispered the girl. "Have you truly placed a sapphire for an eye." Aemma felt her blood rush to her stomach, she knew she was angering the Targaryen Prince as she spoke about his missing eye. Yet his discomfort brought her satisfaction for Aemond was an ever taunting figure to her family. She noticed his jaw tighten, the dim candlelight of the hall reflected on his pale hair. "How rude you are, although it does not surprise me." Whispered the Prince.

Aemma grinned and reached up her hand a bit more. "Show me." Whispered the girl. "Are we not to discard our secrets as we are to be wed Dear Aemond."

Aemond scoffed and grabbed the girl's wrist, he smoothly pinned her arm against the wall, at which Aemma gasped. "Don't allow yourself to play the jester Aemma." Aemma held her breath, trying not to whimper as Aemond squeezed her wrist so hard it was starting to hurt. His fingers felt like red hot iron on her cold skin.

"You loathe my family Aemond, you torment my brothers at every chance, yet you can't seem to let go of the act and treat me as you so treat my kin."

Aemond eyed the Princess up and down and scoffed. "You know just as much as I do who your father is, and who their father is  Aemma Velaryon

"Don't speak ill of those you should respect, it would make for bad fortune seeing Jacaerys is to be your King."

Aemond stepped closer, his tall body darkening the corner in which he drew Aemma, her body felt hotter with each inch that he got closer to her. His warm fingers still painfully pinning her wrist to the wall.

"There is so much that could make for bad fortune."

Aemond breathed out against the girls face, the hot air made Aemma tighten her breathing. She reached out her free hand to grasp Aemond's chin, she squeezed her eyes to slits and angled her chin at the tall Prince in front of her. "Is there?" She questioned in a hushed tone.

"Yes...Aemma, there is." Aemond enuciated each word slowly as he leaned over the girl, his face drew in closer to Aemma's.

Aemma could practically taste his breath on her lips. It smelled sweet like berry wine and  honeyed herbs. "Tell me." Breathed Aemma on his lips. She inched in closer, their lips almost touching.

"No." Said Aemond in a loud voice, he gripped her other wrist and pushed his body against hers. Aemma's knees buckled, a million thoughts shot through her mind as Aemond's teeth grazed her lower lip. "I will not." Spoke the Prince against her lips, his teeth gently took Aemma's lower lip before withdrawing and turning around, her arms fell to her sides and Aemma leaned against the wall, his heavy footsteps filled the hall, as neither of the two spoke another word.

Aemma's eyes widened at what just had happened, the girl quickly flattened her frizzy hair and ran off. She meant to bid her mother Goodnight, she had totally forgotten as she had been so caught up in flying her dragon.

Aemma ran towards the Targaryen- Velaryon wing and called out her brother's name as she opened their chamber, for only to be met with a cold and quiet air. Perhaps her brothers were staying with their mother, Aemma turned to close the door.

"Princess Aemma, your highness." Spoke a voice behind her. "It's been almost two hours since they left for Dragonstone my Princess." Aemma whipped around to be met with a servant who bowed her head in respect to the girl. "They left? But weren't they supposed -" The girl drew her eyes to the floor and sighted. "Thank you for telling me, I will be off to my chambers." The girl turned around and sulked towards her bedchambers. She sighted as she opened the door and was met with candlelight. She wondered why she had been so stupid as to forget bidding her family farewell. She understood why they had left, yet she questioned why they had left in such a hurry.

"My Queen?" Questioned Aemma as she noticed Queen Alicent standing at her window. "Ah Aemma, I wondered where you were, A servant told me you had left to fly Valera, your mother asked for you, she left you a letter Princess."

Alicent folded her hands over her stomach and sighted. "Although I simply came to congratulate you on your betrothal to my son." The queen looked up and smiled at the girl. "Let us have dinner tomorrow to celebrate, we shall have to set a date soon. It will be a grand feast."

"I would enjoy that, thank you Your Grace."

Alicent smiled and made way to leave the room. The Queen turned around as she reached the door and looked Aemma quickly up and down before turning her back towards the girl again. "Do make sure you and Aemond are not seen alone together as much as you are now, it might stir rumors."

The Queen opened the door and stepped through it with a sight. "It would force us to marry you to Aemond immediately Aemma."

————————————-

"We must not let word out." Spoke Otto hightower, while staring down at the dead counsilman, he turned on his heel and faced Ser Criston Cole. "We must make the guards talk, they will spread their tales to the whorehouses of Kings landing, thus further influencing out hold on the Valeryon girl."

The hand smiled as he faced his daughter. "We will have them wed before word of the Kings dead reaches her Mother. This way they cannot oppose Aegon. We will use Aemma and Aemonds marriage as a way to claim support for our cause. It will make Aegon's coronation seem like less of an issue." 

Alicent seemed distressed and placed her hands on the table. "'Must we bettay Rhaenyra so, surely she will not stand for this, she trusted us with her daughter."

"Did she not leave the rampant girl here herself." Sneered the Kingsguard Ser Criston Cole. He eyed his Queen and raised his brows before adding "My Queen."

"She did indeed, the rumors will be easily spread, the girl is rather young and naive. She will have taken after her mother, whoring with her uncle." Spoke one of the Small Counsil men. Many of them nodded in agreement. "It will go easily, very much so, we must only not."  Started the hand while glancing at his anxious looking daughter. "We must talk to Aemond about this My Queen, why don't you do us the courtesy of speaking to your son the Prince. His allegiance to the crown goes deeper than any."

Queen Alicent nodded with a saddened look on her face. "Must we...." She didn't finish her sentence but was instead left tapping her fingers on the edge of the table. Her complexion seemed overtaken with worry as she breathed her next words. "I shall ask Aemond to do what needs to be done, He will surely comply."