Everytime

💖💖💖

💖💖💖

ANGELO

"Problem?"

Angelo looked at his father who stood beside him at the veranda of the second floor of their mansion. It was already dark. The dim light from the posts around were high enough to reach them.

A very lovely sight to begin with. His mother had an eye for aesthetics and expensive things at ginamit nito iyon sa pagpapatayo ng bahay na ito.

"I am worried about Iris. Parang gusto niyang makipag-socialize sa ibang tao."

"What's the problem with that?"

"Kilala mo ba si Matthew, Pa. 'Yong anak ni Roque."

His father took a gulp of the scotch that he was holding in his hand. "I know Roque. May tatlong anak. Isa lang ang lalaki. Ang panganay. That must be Matthew."

"Yeah, nililigawan niya si Iris."

"Iris is only fourteen."

"I know."

"I don't think your sister would go for it."

He sighed exasperatedly. "Natatakot ako, Pa. What if hinihintay kong mag sixteen siya to formally get engaged to me, and then someone would actually court and have her?"

"Wala ka bang tiwala kay Iris?"

Hindi niya iyon masagot. He wanted to give his full trust to the girl but she always acted confused. Palagi na ay siya ang nagdedesisyon sa maraming bagay para dito. "She seemed not to know what she wants."

"I think she does, in a different kind of way. The opposite of how people usually do it."

He turned to face his father. "What do you mean?"

"She knows what she doesn't want. You can attack that character instead."

He blinked a few times trying to get what his father was leading him on. "Meaning?"

"Meaning, ayaw niya ng ibang lalaki. Ayaw niyang magkaroon ka ng ibang babae. Ayaw niyang magdesisyon dahil baka mali siya ng iniisip. In that case, you have to feed her everything. Affirmation is needed. 'Yong hindi niya kailangan manghula."

"Yong mga ginagawa at sinasabi ko, is it not enough affirmation?"

"It seems like it, hindi niya makuha, eh. Or she is in denial."

"Why would she be?"

"Because someone might've told her something."

That made him think. "Si Mama?"

Umiling ang papa niya. "No, son, your mom loves Iris to bits. She is the daughter that she never had. She wants you two to be together. I can't believe na pinag-iisipan mo ng ganyan ang mama mo."