Part 2.

An hour goes by of staring at my plain white walls, feeling as though they would swallow me whole, almost taunting me after so many years of being alone.

Before I can wallow in self pity any longer, I hear the faint sound of a knock on my door. Cautiously I open it to find a tall figure in a hazmat suit with a mask shielding their face, almost like a façade creating an emotionless, phlegmatic shell of a person.

They roughly shove in three large crates, narrowly missing my sock covered feet. I exchange my three empty ones, which had run out last night due to my careful rationing, ensuring it had lasted the full month.

In a robotic, monotone voice, I'm ordered to sign a small slip of paper the government uses to ensure everyone is safely in their homes.

I find it so thoughtful that the government cares so deeply about our wellbeing.

I politely thank the official before sliding the boxes further into my home and under the sink. I make sure to check they are filled to the brim before placing the pipe connected to my sink in the first box.

I pat myself on the back for my smooth handiwork, taking a large well earned swig of water. It runs down my parched throat like a river with no end, immediately cooling me down. I let out a sigh of relief and fall back onto my single bed.

A/n : What life is  like for lou.