𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟳

Start from the beginning

'Did I say something wrong?' I thought to myself rewinding my words...

↢ ❦ ↣

'Her tone is much different from how her mind is clouding up every passing second' She makes if sound so negatively positive that it concerns me more for some odd reason. I don't usually go around feeling pitiness towards humans, I kill the same species at least once every month ; but that's because they've done wrong or had gone against orders. She didn't do anything but forget a little detail, from what I've seen so far, she has done her work without a single flaw from the paper to the writing.

'I want to help her but that would include me exposing my true identity' I got lost deep inside my thoughts thinking to myself. 'It won't cause any harm, shes isolated most of the time...it won't be a problem even if she knew...' I reasoned once more.

"Uh hello?...you okay?...YAH-" She once again called out gaining my attention.

"What?"

"...You sound annoyed...sorry didn't mean to, you were spaced out and I was worried.....that you might have been planning to murde-" What an outranged...She still thinks im some sort of stalker that has no other purpose in life other than to end brainless people like her.

"Sweetheart, do you want my help or not?" I cut her off from her stupid remark."Yes" She immediately shut herself with that. Finally...

"I'll help you get your file without any trace but..." 

"-But? what's in it to you?" She raised an eye crossing her arms over her torso. Again with the suspenseful act 'Aaaaish she has watched too many movies'

"You.....have to keep a secret....." I said slow, with each word my throat tightened trying to restraining me from speaking any more. It would be alot for her to believe in and think normally of.

"...And that is- WAIT don't tell me that your a drug dealer?!?!?" As an instinct my palm made contact with my forehead in disappointment. She definitely is not normal as I thought she was. She has watched too much...too much.

"No! that's not it" I said little louder than before.

"WAIT! NO DON'T TELL ME YOUR A M-" That's it, I can't take it anymore. I just had enough of her imaginary accusations based on TV series.I used my psychic powers to make her stop talking and dashed towards her in a second. Turning her chair facing me and stared down at her, leaning on either sides of the armrests of the chair. Our faces shone off at a dangerous closeness.

Her heartbeat ringing in my ears in a faint tone, Her breathing fanning just beneath me, those hazel coloured eyes still ; not knowing what to comprehend.

"I've told you...Im far more than what you think I am darling" "So its best if you listen to me"

"Now...I'll be needing a picture or a navigate to where you want to go....do you have anything that could be of use?" I asked in a more serious tone than before, gently letting go little by little until she had full control of herself again.

Her eyes flickered before they looked away, her throat waving as she gulped nervously with her heartbeat fastening from before. She fumbled with her hands as she searched for some specific folder.

'Did I scare her again?' She's avoiding my eyes, her breaths are uneven and she's biting down on her lip. My heart took over the moment seeing her at this state, unknowingly I pulled her face towards me with my index and thumb. Observing her eyes to see light traces of tears.

"Hey I didn't mean to make you cry..." At that very moment I didn't understand how I was acting. I have never shown any type of these signs towards anyone except her and this girl. My heart felt something unusual when I saw her like this...Is it sympathy? or is it perhaps feeling bad? I didn't notice that I was wiping her tears away with my fingertips. Her eyes focused on the sudden change of behavior.

'She must be scared' My mind sensed what might be wrong right now "I'm sor-" As I can recall,this is the first time I'm apologising to a mortal.

"Im sorry...Please d-don't be s-sad" It felt new but my heart said it's the right thing to do make her feel better.

I pulled away my hand when I realized my actions. Something isn't right here, this isn't like me."Uh..yeah its okay. I shouldn't have been so paranoid....and here's a picture of my fathers building" She said pulling a picture of the building out of a file and slid it to me. Still avoiding my gaze, instead taking deep breaths to stop herself from letting any of her tears fall.

I distanced few feet away from her and took the picture in my hand, analyzing it quickly trying to remember if I've come through this building and for her luck today, I do. Its not that far but rest of the week I'll be drained of life. 'Atleast then I won't have to waste it on something for my father' It was a fair reason to agree with.

"Alright...I'll take you there...but you have to trust me and keep a promise" I made it clear once more of fair play "Agreed?" I said walking towards the door.

I looked back to see her hesitant with her moves and her words. 'I shouldn't have lost my temper' If only I could have held it in a little longer. I took a deep breath letting it out afterwards and went towards her. Lifting her up side ways.

"H-hey-"

"Remember what I said and hold on " I said lastly before directing out of the house, out into the streets and away. Jumping from roof to roof over other buildings. The lit city underneath could only be seen as a striding light going past for the velocity of speed. I felt a tug near my shoulder as I looked down to see her eyes closed shut and her face already cuddling over me. 'Guess shes scared of heights'. I held onto her tight, not wanting an innocent death by my hands nor do I feel that I would be alright with such idea...I don't understand why but when she's this close to me, her head just above my heart, her hands wrapped around me, her face inches apart....I feel my heart beat in a strange pace.

To be continued🌃

Published: 22/10/23
Re-edited: 31/07/23

(I know what ya'll are gon be like "EwWwWw ShE sOunDs GirLy~"/ "LiKe tHiS Is nEW~"/ "YaH yAh AnD sO hE fAlLs In LovE,wE kNoW~" Hold yah bishes 🙂✋...remember she is with someone she met on the STREETS and he was acting,talking and looked odd in HER eyes...and she meets him again but inside of her house...which is the scariest part but she hid it inside her knowing he'd use that fear against her...she just wants to get him out of her house thats why shes going through all of dish shiz+get the file)