9. Knock from the past

Start from the beginning

The next moment Sudhir uncle, the gatekeeper walked in approaching Akira and told her that there's someone to meet her, this interruption brought them back from their fairytale.
Just behind him followed a young man, stopping just a step away from her.
It was reflectant that Akira was not pleased with this man's visit.

"Listen Aksh--"

"Akira!", she snapped.

"Yeah Akira, please take this money, please make it a little easy for Kairav. You are not sharing your bank details, neither you are accepting the cheques, now this time he has arranged for cash, take this please."

"I. DONT. NEED. HIS. MONEY.", her bubbling anger made her roar.

"Its cash, I can't take it back with me."

"Good, then do one thing, there's a orphanage nearby, go and deposit the money there in the name of the Great Goeankas. And to save your's, mine's and your friend's precious time, inform him I don't need his or his family's advances."

Taking in the failure the man left with a sigh and the second later Akira turned towards Neilima.
"The Audacity mumma, the audacity, he is sending me money. Oh, to be precise cash."

"Akira...", but it was to late she already had stromed out towards the back gate.

"Abhimanyu, I know it's too much to ask for but can you please see on her, I need to be present here as its dinner time."

"Ofcourse Neilima ma don't worry, I'll just go have a look on her."

<>

She was sitting on the stairs of the back door.

"Hey, are you okay?"

"Abhimanyu.", as she turned back to look at him standing there and he took a seat next to her.

"Yeah, I am alright."

"You are not in contact with your family. Are you?"

"No....no, I am not."

"What was all that? Everything that happened inside."

"He was Dishant, Kairav bhaiya's friend. One day he spotted me on the streets volunteering for an NGO for one of their drives. He reached out the NGO people and got my contact and other details, he passed on the information to his dear friend then. Ever since then his friend, my brother, is trying to help me FINANCIALLY, which I don't even need.
It's been a month, A MONTH, of them knowing that I am in Delhi and no one has time or let's say courage to come here and face me. Money, seriously money, I earn enough to take care of myself.
It just hurts so bad Abhimanyu to know that there are people you are related to and still have zero connectivity with them."
He kept looking at her speaking her heart out. No tears, not a single one, if it would have been Akshara she would have brust open with overflow of tears.
When she spoke, the only emotions that were sparkling out were- Anger, Frustration and tinge of Hate.

"Can I ask you something more?", he asked politely.

"You can, but it'll depend on me whether I would like to answer it or not.", she spoke out the truth.

"You are in Delhi for the past 6 months, what about the other 2 months."

She Scoffed a little,
"I roamed....I roamed a lot, through various places, places that connects me with my mother. First was Rishikesh, then Goa, Mumbai and then Pu...."
That word died in her mouth-
PUNE, once that city was her home for three long years when she was away from Udaipur, that same city changed her fate forever.
Pune, it was Pune where she buried Akshara deep down and started giving shape to Akira.

"Someone doesn't like it when you are sad.", Abhimanyu pointed towards the nearby standing Laila.
And as Akira gestured her to come close, she rushed and put her nose on Akira's lap and whined like a toddler.

"Don't worry, Laila knows I never cry, that I am strong.", as she patted her head and placed a kiss in between her eyes and nose.

"She really likes you.", he commented.

"Ofcourse she does. By the way talking about liking, I think Nikita likes you."

"What?! You gotta be joking."

"Absolutely not, she is an medical intern and last night I heard all your accomplishments through her, actually your entire bio data from whatever site she could land her hand on.
She aspires to be like- THE ABHIMANYU BIRLA Tan-tana.", she put forward dramatically.

"In that case I would like you to clear it out to her that, I don't like her, not in a way she wants atleast. She is a good friend kinda person, that too of yours, not even mine. I can't tolerate another confusion.", he raised his eyebrows on the last line.

She did her Naksh mamu's legendary naagin dance hook step in her head listening to his response.
"See Niki how I made your Aarmano ki aloo Tikki.
He doesn't likes you, so your plan of dumping your current boyfriend to focus on him is gonna backfire. Even though I know you were joking, you really love your boyfriend, still even in joke you shouldn't talk about hunting Abhimanyu down."

"So what are your plans for tomorrow.", she asked not wanting to end this conversation.

"Ahh....I have a afterparty to attend, which I really don't want to attend, so I am gonna play sick and take a tour of my own flat for approx a million times to pass my time."

She laughed,
"First of all you shouldn't ditch your doctors community and secondly you can join me tomorrow if you don't want to rearrange your entire flat twenty plus times just to satisfy your OCD."

"Sounds very appealing, see you tomorrow."
He stood up wishing her good night and bid her a bye, before making his way towards his apartment.

_________________________________________
A/N
First of all thank for showering my story with acceptance and love, still I am not getting where is the lack, because the chapters don't even have 50 likes, again kinda demotivating.
Maybe, I'll give a little late updates so that the early chapters can first reach the audience, hope you all will understand.
Signing off
-your writer.