See you soon!

Throwing my phone onto my bed, I march with renewed purpose into the bathroom. Victoria is signing up for medical school in Seattle today. She won't be back until later tonight. I am also supposed to be having dinner with my mom tonight. She wants to settle our disagreement or move on from it. I have a feeling she won't let us just move on from it without an hour long lecture about the importance of respect. She would much rather me hate her even more than move on from it.

After my hair and makeup is done, I go to my closet. I had bought a suit last month when I got my cap and gown for graduation. Good thing I did otherwise I would be going to the interview in jeans and a t-shirt. I have a feeling that that would not be too professional. Checking my phone one last time for any emails, I grab my purse and keys. The drive to Seattle is quite a ways, but once I am moved in on Wednesday, it will be much more convenient. Josh and Christian are both helping me move in. Victoria's parents will also be helping us.

Arriving in Seattle, I feel my stomach start to tie in knots again. This is it; this is the moment I have been waiting for since I started college four years ago. I never imagined that I would actually be standing on the sidewalk below a publishing house in anticipation for an interview. This is my dream job. It's the only thing that I aspire to be. Journalism and books are my two favorite things. Combine them together and you have yourself a dream job in book publishing. Smoothing my pencil skirt down, I walk into the building. Unlike Grey House, Seattle Independent Publishers is a building with much less windows. Nonetheless, it's still intimidating and completely screams business. I smile at the woman at the front desk, giving her my name. She tells me to head up to the fourth floor where the editor and chief Jack Hyde will be waiting for me. Shoulders back and a nervous smile stretched across my face, I head to the fourth floor. Thankfully I wore my black ballet flats. Otherwise I would be splayed out on the floor by now because of my high heels.

"You must be Anastasia Steele," a man awaits me at the exit of the elevator, surprising me.

"I-yeah hello, Mr. Hyde. Thank you for seeing me." I shake his hand.

Jack Hyde's brown hair is cropped short. He wears a pair of jeans and a formed fitting shirt. Suddenly I feel overdressed. Gazing around the room, I take a quick look into the opened door. It appears to be a meeting room complete with a long, brown table and chairs surrounding it. A couple other people sit in there. Jack gestures for me to follow him into the meeting room. He pulls me out a chair facing three other people. He sits right across from me, giving me a wide smile.

"I have reviewed your credentials, Anastasia. Very impressive work you have done at University. Second in your class. Impressive, very impressive."

I smile proudly as he begins to rattle of my achievements. The praise is flattering but a bit too much for me. I don't normally brag to people about what I have accomplished. Not like Victoria does. I wait for him to finish asking me my first question: what would I contribute to the team here at SIP.

After a few other questions, he lays my file down. He still has a wide smile plastered across his face. I smile back, unsettled. I need this job though; this is the only publishing house that has a good reputation in Seattle. The other ones are either too small of unknown. SIP is perfect. It has been my dream job since I decided to major in the publishing field. I gaze up at the two woman and the other man. Their faces are stoic, void of any emotions. Perhaps they aren't as impressed with me as their boss is.

"There's nothing more to say. What do you guys think?" Jack asks his business associates.

They glance back and forth between me and Jack. The woman next to him whispers something in his ears. His eyes dart back to me, then back to her. "We can give her a shot, Mary."