Chapter 2- Making Friends

Summary: Just oc trying to get used to the big change and coming across some new people. Warnings: None.

Word Count: 1k

Your mind was yet again filled with enthusiasm as you reached your school on your bike and like a good and responsible student, you parked your bike on the stand and locked it safely.

As you walked towards the school hallway you got so many "new girl" stares. These stares were not going anytime soon. You walked up to your locker ignoring the stares and tried to open it. A boy of nearly five feet eight inches in height approached the locker beside yours, he seemed a bit familiar as you were good with recognizing faces. You remembered that you shared AP Literature, History, and Mathematics.

He made eye contact with you starting a conversation with "Hey!". You replied to him by saying "Hello." "I am Clay Jensen; we share a couple of subjects," said the boy introducing himself.

"Hey Clay! Yeah, I remember, so how are you doing?" you asked for the sake of it.

"Pretty good, filled with the senior year enthusiasm, what bout' you?" said the boy.

"Well getting used to the new things like this locker which won't open even after trying hard"

"Let me help you" Clay offered help, and to your surprise, the locker finally opened.

"Oh, Thank you so much, Clay." You showed gratitude. "Sure thing," said the boy.

"Okay see you in History I guess" you waved and started walking towards your biology class until Clay stooped you, "Hey Y/N if you'd like I could give you a school tour or something."

"Or Something?" you enquired and said "Like you could either give me the school tour or you could just me the map of the school?

He chuckled and said awkwardly "I mean would you like a school tour?" You agreed by saying "I have my fifth free so maybe then?

He replied "Sure I'll have a reason to skip gym today"

You waved and proceeded towards your Bio class.

You guys meet by your lockers in the third period and Clay starts the tour from the principal's office. Classic Clay will not even leave the principal's office, so peculiar this guy was.

For another half, an hour it was just Clay talking and you listening. Showing the library, he said "So this is the library where" you cut him off and said, "where Mr. Clay Jensen spends most of his time." Clay laughed in embarrassment and said "Debatable," and you protested by saying "Strongly disagreed."

Clay decided not to argue further, and you both just laughed through the main hall. You guys landed at a place where there was a beautiful basketball court with some of the real fine boys practicing. Clay told you that it was the homeroom where the school dances, assemblies, and of course the basketball games happened.

A guy approached you to say 'Hi,' and you greeted him back by shaking his hand. He looked flirtatious and looked like a sweet naughty boy who knew how to flirt the best of all.

You smiled and were thinking of asking him out to get a full high school experience, and Clay said in a warning tone "No, not Bryce at all. He uh... is not a good person. I know I have no right to have a say in your personal life, but I am just looking out for you"

You ensured him and said "I know Clay and thank you for doing that. I do not know anyone here and you know them more than I could ever. So do not be all awkward I get it and your advice will always be appreciated."

You guys went up to your lockers and you asked Clay if you needed a ride home. "Nah, I came on my bike today," you told him. He insisted further by saying "Oh you can keep it in the trunk." You couldn't say no because you had to make friends, so you dismantled your bicycle and kept it in the trunk, and jumped in the co-driver seat. While sitting you had to comment as you being you, you commented "You have a car, Rich people." He protested by saying "I'm not rich" and then you cleared the saying "I was just kidding, Jensen."

He was driving and no matter how kind and gentle Clay was, you still were a little skeptical that now he'll know your address. Your introverted character was at its peak. To break the silence in the car and distract yourself from overthinking, you shoot a question and ask, "So if we want to be a part of the school's sports team who do we have to talk to?"

"Uh... you can talk to the coach you can find him in the homeroom during gym. Sports girl huh? He replied.

"Okay, another nickname"

"No, I don't mean it that way. Which sport?"

"Baseball and basketball. My father taught me when I was five and since then he trained me and we play together whenever he gets time," you replied.

There was a touch of disappointment on Clay's face when he said "Um... we don't have girls' basketball or baseball team here in Liberty High, but we do have Cheerleading and Volleyball and I play volleyball too though people make me play it I do."

"No, I don't want to play any other sport, and Cheerleading argh I don't like it. I think it's very cliché that cheerleading's only for girls. It's such a sexist sport."

Clay supported you by saying "I strongly agree, even I hate cheerleading girls they kinda cringe, seek too much attention."

You agreed with him by saying "I know right?!" Clay dropped you off at your place and while walking to your room you just had one thought in your mind. Somehow you had to make your way into the baseball and basketball team after all it was the best thing in your life that kept your mind off the nuisance of life.

A/N: So she's finally making some new friends and getting to know the school and the kids go in there. Do you think she'll be able to notice the red flags or will she get into some trouble? and will she be able to get into the school team?

Shower your love by voting and commenting on the post, it's motivating and refrain from copying, plagiarism, or posting on any other platform.

I also upload on Tumblr @misschanadlerbong, feel free to check out my blog :)

THANK YOU!!!

Senior Year at Liberty HighOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara