25. Blaze your name

"wait here." Aemond instructed. "this place is... unsavory."

"Like a strip club," Uri looked to the building. "We have those too."

"They do more than strip." Aemond informed her.

"Whore house." Uri breathed out with a laugh. "I understand why you think your brother would be here. He needs to pay for a fuck. His attitude is horrendous." Aemond chuckled kissing the corner of her lips.

"Stay here... please." Aemond requested and Uri nodded.

"But don't blame me if I find trouble." Uri mused looking around.

"Aegon brought me to the Street of Silk on my thirteenth name day." Aemond remarked he had a hood pulled high over his head. ''It was his duty as my brother, he said, to ensure I was as educated as he was. At least that's what I understood him to mean.''

''I don't follow.'' Criston said as they knocked again.

''He said, "Time to get it wet." Aemond clarified.

" Every woman is an image of the Mother, to be spoken of with reverence." Criston knocked again impatiently. Aemond glanced back at Uri, taking in everything. This world must be different from hers he thought before looking back to the door.

A whore opened the door and stared back at them a smirk on her lips.

'' Sometime last night, we... misplaced our drinking companion. Knowing that he has been, in the past, a patron of your fine establishment, we thought to inquire here as to his whereabouts."

"And describe him.''

''That is a delicate matter.' Criston said softly. ''You see, the man we seek is the young Prince Aegon. I may trust, I hope, in the discretion of your trade.'' The whore chuckled.

''The Prince is not here.''

''Has he been here? Earlier, perhaps?''

''Quite a bit earlier. Years ago, in fact.''

''But more recently?'' Criston offered hopefully.

''He does not frequent the Street of Silk. His tastes are known to be... less discriminating." She informed them.

'' Meaning what?' Criston asked confused.

''I wish you luck, good Ser. And my best to your friend.'' She locked eyes with Aemond. He stared back a moment ''How you've grown.'' Aemond turned back around following Criston feeling awkward.

"Uri!" Aemond declared and she ran up to them.

"No luck?" Uri assumed as they didn't have a future king in their pocket.

+

"Viserys amended his wishes. It's as simple as that." Otto sat on the iron throne. ''You once swore your banners to Rhaenyra. You must now pledge them to the future king." Otto instructed the great houses of westeros.

''I must confer first with my house on this matter.''

''You'll not leave this room without declaring your intention.'' Otto corrected.

''I am no oath breaker... I will not bend the knee.'' Otto huffed out a breath.

''Anyone else?'' Otto countered.

" House Fell... keeps its sworn oath to the Princess." Lord Fell declared.

''Very well'' Otto agreed nodding to the knight, those faithful to Rhaenyra were escorted out. Everyone else fell to their knees.

''Long live the King.''

'' Long live the King.' They echoed.

+

''It seems you were mistaken as to Aegon's habits." Criston remarked as they walked

"He could be in the hands of mercenaries, on a ship to Yi Ti. He could be dead." Aemond offered nonchalantly.

"You're dark. I like it." Uri said as they walked. She couldn't stop looking at everything. Dragons. Real dragons were one thing but this place was so unlike anything Uri had ever seen before she couldn't get enough. She couldn't get enough of how Aemond was staring at her. His arm brushing against her pulling her to him. Silva had always to told her that when she fell in love it would be with someone that had their own metaphorical dragon. Little did he know he was very right, but Aemond had a living breathing dragon. Uri felt an instant connection and peace with him.

" Let us hope, for your mother's sake, that is not the case." Criston offered kindly.

+

''Let's have a look.'' The boy groaned out, whimpering before being shoved in the pits. The children were fighting, punching stabbing. "Go on." The man shoved the gates closed as the crowd cheered excitedly.

''Get in there, you little...'' The crowds cheering blended with the childrens screams.

''How old are they?'' Arryk asked looking down upon them.

''About 10 years, I should say." Erryk remarked. The twins were sent to find the prince but stumbled upon the fighting pits. ''They have them grow their nails and file the teeth. Makes them more formidable."

"Come on!" the crowd cheered as they were ripped apart.

''Prince Aegon spends many a night in this place.'' Erryk informed his brother ''Do you see now what he is?'' Arryk looked appalled. ''You've not seen everything.'' Erryk nodded to a silver haired bastard shivering in the corners.

''Aegon's?'' Arryk questioned confused.

''One of many, I'd wager.''

+

''Here I am, trawling the city, ever the good soldier in search of a wastrel who's never taken half an interest in his birthright." Aemond remarked as they walked, his hand interlaced with Uri. 'Tis I the younger brother who studies history and philosophy, it is I who trains with the sword, who rides the largest dragon in the world. It is I who should be..." Aemond went on but Criston stopped walking staring back at them.

"If we don't find him are you king?" Uri asked curiously.

'' I know what it is to toil for what others are freely given.'' Criston remarked as Aemond smiled down at Uri.

" Mm... And we can't find him, Cole. You are a decent man with no taste for depravity." Aemond said stepping closer to Criston. "His secrets are his own... and he's welcome to them. I'm next in line to the throne. Should they come looking for me, I intend to be found." Aemond assured him.

"You want me to make an announcement, start a fire, blaze your name in the cobble stones?" Uri offered. "I can do that." She informed him as his lips came down on hers.

"That would make you my queen." He whispered against her lips.

"As far as proposals go that wasn't bad." Uri teased pulling him along.