Prologue + Bio

Hey guys, so this is a story I am very excited to write. This story is going to follow the adventures of a Danmachi OC I made up, and whilst it does follow the plot a lot, there will be some interesting incidents and other tidbits that result in a fun and tragic story about a boy trying his hardest in Orario. But, without further ado, onto the story.

><><><><><

It was a cold night. It wasn't a rainy night, but the season had passed well into the winter, and the streets of Orario had become littered with frost. Many had retreated into their homes for the night, warming themselves with hot meals and sitting by the fire to combat the freezing cold.

Unfortunately, Riveria wasn't so lucky.

The level 5 of the Loki Familia, Riveria Ljos Alf, was placed in charge of finding and collecting supplies for the Familia, which would soon be going into the dungeon on an expadition to Floor 51 to collect some materials for a few allied Familias. It was a dangerous expedition, but one that the Familia had made several times since she, Gareth and Finn ranked up to their latest levels, all of which were 5, surpassing the most experienced members of the Familia and their teachers, Noir, Dain and Bara.

They placed faith in her, not only due to her strength in the dungeon, which granted her the title of Nine Hell, but also because she was the most adept at organisation of the three level 5 members of the Familia. Finn was a tactician, and Gareth was a mentor. Both were well organised and could handel the supplies, but this was Riveria's bread and butter, and everyone knew it. She simply had it down pact.

It also helped that the clerk from the potion shop was smitten with her and gave her discounts. Money saved was money saved.

Riveria let out a sigh, watching the fog of her breath on the cold, winter air rise and disappear. It was not the night to be out and about, and she was thankful that her business had concluded for the night, allowing her to return to Loki's manor, where a hot cup of tea and a night by the fire, even if she was forced to do paperwork, would be welcome.

Riveria smiled at the tought, allowing her mind to wander to how warm she would be as long as she kept on the course for her home, and all the wonders that awaited her. Perhaps she would allow herself to sleep in tomorrow morning, she knew she more than earned it, and their materials would be ready to be collected in a week. She had finished her work for the expedition, all that remained was picking up the supplies and charting their travel and movements through the dungeon, as well as assigning groups.

Her thoughts came to a grinding halt as she noticed something in front of her. A small, shivering something, further down the street, was hunched over itself on the side of the road, small breaths escaping it's form, the mist quickly disappearing into nothingness. Riveria rushed over, falling to one knee next to the small figure.

She was shocked to look down at a small child. They looked to be six, maybe even five years old, wearing nothing but a thin and torn white shirt and black shorts missing a lot of their fabric. The child was ghostly white, pale beyond anything even remotely healthy, shivering against the cold. White hair sat atop their head, short and unkept, and the child was dirty.

Whilst not a healer, Riveria quickly recognised the symptoms and diagnosed the poor child with hypothermia. Acting quickly, in the way only an adventurer could, she took off her cloak and began wrapping the child in it's warm embrace. Sure, she would now suffer through the cold, but this kid was her first priority. The child snuggled into the cloak, shiverring constantly as the high elf held onto them.

Riveria noticed where she was. It was outside a little-known bar a few minutes away from her home. It was the closest place she could go, the Adventurer's Guild and hospitals farther away. Her home was the safest bet. Clutching the child as close as she could to her chest, she rushed off.