Chapter 2- Before Tragedy Struck

Start from the beginning

"Of course, that's why I'm going to be your Beta," he replied with a goofy grin.

"Wouldn't want anyone else as my Beta," Brielle stated, returning the grin.

"Ok grinning at each other like this is creepy. Let's go I'm starving and Luna's pancakes are calling my name," Tyler says with a chuckle.

They both head downstairs to the kitchen and take a seat as Estelle plates and serves their breakfast. She places a fourth plate down which makes Brielle hopeful. Estelle catches the look in her daughter's eyes and gives her a small smile.

"Sorry if I'm late. I just got done with all the phone calls and document reading," Vincent explains as he walks into the kitchen. 

"No, you're just in time," Estelle replies.

"Happy Birthday Jelly Belly, I'm sorry I wasn't there when you woke up," Vincent apologizes as he places a kiss on top of her head.

Brielle's earlier irritation melted away at the mere mention of her childhood nickname. Even though she isn't a child anymore, the endearment will never get old.

"It's ok Dad, you're here now."

(Later that day)

Brielle headed to the pack house in search of her father knowing he'd be in there looking into the Prophecy again. She greeted a few pack members on her as they bowed and smiled at their future Alpha. As she reached the Alpha's office, she knocked before entering just then realizing he was on the phone. Since the office is sound proof she couldn't hear that he was on the phone and from the looks of it, it was a heated conversation. 

"I know I'm running out of time! I will choose someone soon! I have to go, see you tomorrow," Vincent said to whoever was on the other side of the phone.

He slammed the phone down with a little too much force. He ran his hands through his already disheveled hair in frustration. He turned around finally noticing Brielle was in the room. With all his worrying, he didn't even sense her coming in.

He quickly pulled himself together and plastered on a smile. "Jelly Belly! What brings you here?"

"I just wanted to come see you. It seems as the years go by, you have less and less time for me. You keep holing yourself up in this stupid office worrying about a stupid prophecy that may just be a myth!" Brielle couldn't help but let out her frustrations as her father's absence took a toll on her.

"I know I have been too occupied, but you have to understand that I'm doing it to keep you safe. The prophecy may be a myth, but I won't risk your life on a possibility. So far, signs point to the prophecy being true," Vincent tried getting Brielle to understand.

"I know you're doing it for my safety, but with you trying to protect, you're also hurting me. I just miss you Daddy," Brielle expressed her feelings as tears welled up in her eyes.

"Oh Jelly Belly, I'm so sorry. I promise I'll be more present and still manage to protect you, okay?"

"Okay. Who were you talking with earlier?" Brielle asked as she wipes away the stray tears.

"Oh, it was no one important. Don't worry about it," Vincent tried to play it off.

"Well it didn't seem like it was no one important, considering you were ready to rip your hair out. Dad, I'm going to be the Alpha of this pack soon, therefore I am worried and should be involved in any issues, especially if they involve the pack. I want to help solve any issues regarding our pack."

Vincent couldn't help the pride that swelled in his chest. Although he knows his daughter will go through hardships, he knew she'd be a great Alpha, the best one could argue.