𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚅𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚆𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛

Start from the beginning

"Territorial fool" Brielle muttered bending down to pluck his shirt off the floor, Straightening up she began to pull the material over her head, Fenrys had waited for that precise moment,

Brielle squealed when a pair of arms wrapped around her waist and yanked her back down onto the bed, barely having a second to fix his shirt which clung awkwardly around her head, obscuring her ability to see,  Brielle tried to use her arms, trapped inside the clothing, to shield her sides as Fenrys began to tickle her exposed skin.

Tears brimmed her eyes, as she laughed out, pleading with him to release her. He did not. Instead he shoved his face into the crook of her neck, when she finally got her head free, using his lips and breathe to tickle the side of her throat.

"Take it back" he spoke, while laughing, not releasing her yet.

Brielle let loose a laugh that sent his world rocking, he hadn't heard her laugh like that in years. If he could pause this moment and replay it again and again. He would. Brielle pleaded out again, a verbal struggle to formulate her words through her own laughter. 

Her mate did not yield his tickling attack, until finally she took it back, a streak of tears had rolled down her cheek bone, She was met with a strong kiss a second after. Leaning into it Brielle turned to wrap her arms around his neck, pulling herself onto him once more.

It was then that Brielle realised this was what she had been missing, all those Fae would had talked of that indescribable feeling with their mate, the little moments that meant the most. That undeniably pull and pang in her chest, that made her heart race and slow at the same time. 

She would defend this love with her life if she had too, and she had no doubt Fenrys would do the same in a heart beat, the thought should have scared her. But it didn't

~

"Imagine being attractive and happily mated" Alexi muttered nudging an elbow in Colden's side as Brielle and Fenrys approached, their hand entwined. Brielle atoning her mates much bigger pale shirt. His scent almost entirely masking her own.

"Oh shove it Alex, you are so indecisive about who you want you the gods must be struggling to find you a mate" Vera mocked, standing, tucked into Theron's side.

Brielle hadn't had a chance to properly speak to the two wandering spies, Vera and Theron. A shifter and Fae. An unlikely mated duo, seeing as they practically ripped each others throats out the first time they met. Brielle was thankful for them both over the years. They worked well together, as mates and spies.

Theron stood a whole head taller then his mate, with dark hair that framed his sharp features, with feline eyes that seemed to always over assess everything. Vera's hair cut off around her waist, just above where Theron often placed his hand. She worn the all too familiar azure blue silks, which slitted along the bottom half of the dress, exposing her family tattoo which curved around the bulk of her thigh. 

"What is wrong with me wanting both? I find males and females equally as thrilling to spend my time with" Alexi mused, folding his thin arms across his chest, 

Fenrys brushed his hand along the base of her spine, causing her to glance at him. He gestured his head towards where Rowan had gathered at the docks with Aelin and Gavriel, 

"Come over when you're ready" he leaned in to peck her lips, her spies fell deathly silent, but she couldn't brush away the tingle that burned her lips. Leaving her numb, wanting more.

She had spoken over her plans with Fenrys last night, after their activities. The memory of his strong body above hers had an ache building between her legs once more, fists bunching at her side.