Chapter Forty-Four

Start from the beginning

He gives me a quick look and a very subtle nod. He finally let's me into his mind, telling me he'll send the Order and that I need to go with Harry.

"Very well. You give me no choice, Potter. As this is an issue of Ministry security, you leave me with... no alternative. The Cruciatus Curse ought to loosen your tongue," Umbridge says.

"That's illegal!" Hermione argues.

"What Cornelius doesn't know won't hurt him."

"You can't, arsehole! You touch him and I'll kill you!"

"You'll be next, Moondust!"

Umbridge places a picture of the Minister face flat. She points her wand out at Harry.

"Tell her, Harry!" Hermione screams, her body falling forwards a little before I can do anything.

"Tell me what?"

"Well, if you won't tell her where it is... I will."

"Where what is?" Umbridge questions, a certain urgency in her voice.

"Dumbledore's secret weapon."

Umbridge quickly takes Harry and Hermione out of the office, Draco in charge.

I give cousin a little squeeze, everyone besides Ron and Ginny staring at us with wide eyes and gaping mouths.

"How've you been? I feel like I don't really talk to you much anymore."

"I've been alright. Missing your shenanigans a bit. But not too bad," Draco replies, a smile pulling at my lips.

"You guys alright?" I ask, facing Luna, Ron, Neville and Ginny.

"Yeah, we're alright. Cass, you hungry? I have sweets," Ron says, giving me a smile and a look.

"Yeah. Gimme some."

He raises an eyebrow at me, shoving his hands into his pockets.

"Please?"

He pulls out some 'sweets', but all the Slytherins grab at the treats, sharing them between the Squad.

Ron angrily retorts, but Goyle almost orders him to bugger off as Draco hands me a few.

I look up at Ron with a smile, but my eyebrows knit together as Ron glances down at me.

"Why is everyone so bloody tall! This is so unfair! I'm literally tiny compared to everyone else," I moan, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Oh calm down, Shorty, you'll be fine," Ron teases, my hand smacking his chest hard.

The Slytherins begin vomiting, causing me to gag at the sound. Ron grabs a hold of me and drags me outside the room, Ginny, Luna and Neville following behind us.

"Don't be dramatic, Cass," Ginny calls with a giggle as I press my hand to my lips, forcing down another gag.

"The sound of throwing up makes me gag. I absolutely hate it. It's disgusting."

"Oh."

We run around the castle until we come across Harry and Hermione, both of them jogging down the long, wooden bridge.

"How'd you get away?" Harry asks.

"Told them I was hungry, wanted some sweets. They told me to bugger off and ate the lot themselves," Ron explains.

"That was clever, Ron," Hermione says.

"Has been known to happen," Ron boasts.

"So how are we getting to London?"