Chapter 5-1: Chabashira Sae's Ambition

Start from the beginning

"That it would."

The Ashford family is one of only two Britannian families which still exist as prominent figures today.

Their abandoning of Britannia had earned them some serious animosity from that scumbag, my father. However, once they had established themselves in Japan, that so-called dad of mine was unable to do anything to enact the comeuppance he lusted for so badly.

Despite all the power he and Britannia wielded, it was not enough to surmount the strength of Japan and all its allies.

I mean, really, what kind of idiot would launch an invasion in this day and age? Declaring a hostile takeover of another country nowadays would be considered national suicide by just about anyone; civilization is past that now, alliances and international organisations have been formed.

Of course, Britannia was never a part of any of these during its existence, likely due to pride. However, to think that he could take on the world by himself, that man must've been seriously deluded.

Of course, like his other children, I knew that he was still out there somewhere. He had lost his throne in Britannia, but thrones can be replaced. Whether he was manipulating world figures from the shadows, or something even more insane like plotting to bring his dead country back, I had no idea. I merely hoped to never see the bastard's face again.

I finished my coffee, and my mind drifted back into reality after reminiscing about the past.

"Feel like going for a walk?" I asked Suzaku.

"Sure. Where do you want to go?"

"Hmm. I haven't visited the pool yet. It's the last day. We could check it out?"

Suzaku gave a happy nod, and so the two of us got up. "Do you have a swimming outfit with you?" he asked.

I paused. "Yes, of course, I actually carry three of them with me everywhere I go, just in case."

"Really?"

"........."

His expectant look drilled a pair of holes into me - the response almost making me feel bad.

"L-Let's just go buy some. You still need one, after all."

Before long, Suzaku and I had purchased a pair of swimming trunks each. The regular ones that Suzaku bought were priced at 1500 points, but I had spent 2500 on my pair.

Not only did they have a cool blue and white gradient pattern on them, but they also had pockets, a feature the regular ones sorely lacked. All good clothing needs pockets, I say, especially for us boys.

Suzaku's suspicion of me had seemed to have grown, though. After all, why would I spend so much money on swimming trunks when I already had multiple pairs? He must think I'm some kind of weird swimming trunks enthusiast. Or that I'd deluded myself into thinking I'm one of those rich guys that only wear an item of clothing once before throwing it away.

Anyway, I digress. The two of us waltzed into the empty boys changing room. There was nobody here, the multitude of closed lockers indicated that a lot of people had been. Apparently, we were simply late.

Unsurprising, given I'd decided to venture here midday on a whim.

"I wonder if this is a low or high traffic day," Suzaku thought aloud as he stripped his top off unabashed.

Sigh, is this what the military does to a man? At least show some dignity, you started removing clothing a bit too quickly there...

In an attempt to ignore the boy who was setting the world record for naked any% right in my peripheral vision, I focused on the only other thing present in the situation: Suzaku's idle pondering.