How it Started

All Rights Reserved to antiharn10

Hey, so thank for giving The Condition a chance! So here are somethings that I have to get out before you start reading:

-Excuse me if I get some facts wrong, you can go ahead and tell me, but there are some things I do know, so I will call you out if you're just calling me out.

-Also, sorry if I insult anyone, I honestly don't mean to. If you tell me where I went wrong then I will go back and fix it

-Lastly, this is a very personal story to me and I don't mind if you don't like the story or something else. You can tell me, but please don't hate on the characters and tell me about it. These characters are based off of people who are very close to my heart and they are doing the things in the story.

Okay...that's it....

Chapter 1: How it started

Sara grew up in an average family of 5; a mom, dad, and 2 older sisters. But they weren't as average as she thought.It happened when Sara was about 5, at least that's when she actually started to notice it. Sara always knew that her oldest sister, Maddie, was different. When Sara was playing with her doll house, Maddie would always ruin everything and knock over the doll house. Sara then noticed that she spent more time with her second sister, Lilly, than with Maddie or even her parents. They were always busy with work, her dad, or with Maddie, her mom, so it turned out the Lilly almost raised her. Lilly had always helped her with her homework, and she always listened to what ever Sara had to say about school or her friends. Maddie would get most of the attention and Lilly was never happy about that. Sara thought that it was normal.

************

When Sara was 5, on night she had tip toed down to get a glass of water when she overheard her parents talk. It was that single conversation that changed her life forever.

"What are we going to do?" she asked him. " We have to fight back! They can't be doing this to our daughter! This not the reason we worked this hard, just for Maddie to get this sort of treatment. Maddie may be a little slow and have some learning difficulties, but so do some of the other students. They don't get treated like this! Maddie deserves better!" he said angrily. "You're right! Maddie deserves better, those teacher should be punished! They have no right on laying their hands on my daughter! I will go to court if I have to! My darling deserves better than this rotten excuse of a school!" she said.

After that, when Sara had talked to Lilly about it, she finally understood. Maddie was born normally, but the only issue was that she was slower than the average kid. This caused for her to go a different elementary school that Lilly, that had a special program that could help kids will leaning difficulties. This was working fine, until her mom found out that a teacher was hurting Maddie. For wrong reasons, and sometimes for no reason at all the teacher would tie up Maddie's hands with tape and lock her in a closet. Maddie was 10, only a baby.

Later Sara found out that her parents went to court to get Maddie out of the school and to put her in the same middle school as Lilly, so they could be together and Maddie would have support from inside the school. Form then, the fight had only started to get Maddie the best education as possible. Sara's mom had to work with Maddie all the time with homework and helping her with test's, trying to make sure that her child would pass and move on with her education. Sara's dad had a job that required him to work and travel a lot and was hardly around, so truly the house was run by Sara's mom, he loved his kids and wife, he just didn't have time to really show it This required sacrifices from everyone. Lilly had to become a second mother to Sara, while her mom had to slow down her own education and attempt to support for her family, to make sure Maddie got all the help she could. Sara had to grow up fast too, she had to become independent and start helping around the house, Lilly couldn't do everything any more.But nobody regretted the sacrifices they each made, they would each do it again in a heart beat.

************

The idea struck Sara when she was about 13. By this time, Maddie and Lilly graduated high school, together. It was tough, especially with Maddie, with different people telling her to go on the job track. This would lead her becoming a employee at McDonald's, something that he mom knew that Maddie had more potential for. Maddie finally graduated, a year after her class, because the school found that there was no point on keeping her in school. Their family was very proud anyway. Sara's mom also was able to finish her studies and become a social worker, something they were also very proud of.

The family was going to a wedding, when Sara suddenly thought, 'What will happen when Maddie gets married? Can she even get married? What about Lilly?' Their family was very traditional and highly agreed with the fact that the eldest should get married first, then the second, and then the last. But with Maddie's difficulty, how will she get married? She then later talked to Lilly, who then agreed to talk to their mom about it, because she was older. When Lilly came back with the answer her mom gave her, they both were unhappy.

"So guess what mom said? She said that she didn't even think that Maddie was going to get married in the end." Lilly said softly. Sara frowned and replied carefully, "But Maddie is more than capable to have a family. I mean she's on the pills that help with the periods and everything. One day she's going to wonder why everyone is getting married except her. What does mom think that Maddie's going to do at our weddings? Doesn't mom know that Maddie will notice?"

Lilly sighed at replied, "Yea, but who will take care of Maddie like us? I mean we do get mad at her, but we love her and care for her. Nobody will do that for her. How do we know how the guy's going to react to Maddie when she's in her mood, or even when he get's made at her? How do we know that he won't hurt her? She's going to hit him at some point, I mean she does it to us, but at least we know that she doesn't mean it. We know that she's just upset. Mom doesn't want Maddie to get hurt and how do we even know that she really understands what is going on? Like will Maddie understand that she has to help around the house and take care of him? She won't do any of those things, she doesn't even do those things now! The boy will have to take care of her, and who would willingly do that and take of that responsibility?"

Sara thought and said, " I understand, but I refuse to let Maddie go through those emotions. She will feel unwanted and that's not good. In the end if she doesn't get married then she will be stuck with mom and dad. What happens when they are gone? She will come live with use obviously, but if we are living with our family she might feel left out. I don't want her to ever feel like that. She's our sister and she deserves the best and her having a family would be the best. What ever mom and dad decide, I refuse to get married until she does. I refuse to even have a boyfriend until she has a serious relationship. You too! I refuse to even consider having a boyfriend until you have a serious relationship."

Lily smiled. At that point both sister were almost in tears. " Silly, you didn't think I wasn't about to say the same thing? I love her too, and I doubt I could even think about letting her go through that kind of pain. She is normal, no matter what ever anyone else says and she has been treated like one. I even sometimes forget that she's different, but there is no reason to start treating her different now. Of course we are always going to be there for her and always help her, I want her to be able to love another and live on her own for sometimes. Everyone needs that feeling."

On that day, Lilly and Sara made a pact. They wouldn't even think about boys or about boyfriends until Maddie was in a serious relationship and they approved of the boy. He had to be a good boy and on the very same day, they drew up a list of the kind of boy Maddie needed for her to be safe and happy.

From then on, Sara's life would never be the same.

************

Okay, so whatcha think? Yea so a lot of the things in this chapter is true, so if you want to comment on it and ask me if a specific part is true then I'll tell you. I really hoped that this showed how much love the family has for another and how much they would sacrifice for each other. 

Also I hope I didn't insult anyone by the whole McDonald's thing. I really think it's cool that you work in McDonalds, it's just that her mother didn't want to see her daughter working there and knew that her daughter could do much more. If it's really bad, then just tell me, and I'll try to fix it or just take it out if its bothering a lot of people.

Alright, I'll try to update as soon as I can...Bye! :)