"Fine, I'll get back some other time Irene. You have to help me." He immediately ran as fast as he could. He knew Irene was serious and would really hit him if he won't leave her alone.

Irene sighed. "What were you doing Baby? These people couldn't stop from falling for you. How could I ever clear my head if problems continue to pop out anywhere?" She was talking to herself.

She couldn't deny to herself that she missed her girlfriend so badly so she went to their favorite Thai restaurant. She saw familiar faces from the MLF except for the face she had been longing for.

"Irene over here!" Bambam called her. "Come over here, join us." He was happy to see Irene like it ignited a new hope in his face. Even the latter was amused by their reactions to seeing her. Maybe because she stopped dropping by the firm.

She awkwardly waved at the group. Sakura vacated her seat to give way to Irene and seated at the next seat available. She noticed Somi just nod at her. She thought maybe Lisa shared with her cousin that they have decided to take some time off.

"Too bad, Lisa isn't around. This is her favorite restaurant, right Irene?" Bambam said.

Irene was itching to ask why Lisa didn't go with her staff. "Is she busy?" She was trying to act normally as if she wasn't worried. There was something in her guts that tells her something was off.

All heads turned to her. "What do you mean is she busy? Didn't our boss tell you anything?" Somi snapped.

"Tell me what?" It was confusing for Irene that all eyes were on her as if she knew something that they needed to know.

"Unnie my cousin left the country 3 days ago and we all have no clues where exactly she went to and when is she going to be back. I asked her parents and they couldn't give me a straight answer. How the hell you are also clueless just like us?"

Irene's heart sank instantly. She didn't know Lisa would be out of the country. She checked her messages and read everything. Lisa didn't mention it as well.

"Atty. Bae, we were all expecting that you can give us some answers too. We were all shocked 3 days ago that her uncle would be taking over all the pending cases. It's very unusual for Atty. Manoban is to be on an indefinite leave unless she's sick or anything." Sakura seemed in distress about the immediate change in the firm. "This is not her. She would tell us or leave a message if she would be away for some days. It has been three days without a word from my boss."

It pinched Irene's heart. There's nothing she could tell them. She was also clueless why Lisa didn't inform them. She was thinking so hard and figuring out what may be Lisa's reason.

Did I force Lisa to leave her staff? Worst, did she really run away from me again? I only asked for some time. I didn't want her to leave me permanently. For the last three days, I thought Lisa just finally respected her decision and gave me the space I was seeking. Did I ask for too much?

She felt guilty and had so many questions running in her head. "I'll call her." They were all waiting for Irene so she called Lisa."

The subscriber cannot be reached. Please try your call later.

She had no luck in reaching Lisa. "I'll slide her a dm or email. She should respond." She quickly typed a message for her.