Chapter 24

Third person's POV

Bogum was waiting for Irene. It was an unexpected visit. He wore his sporty attire comfortably. It had been ages ago when he dated Irene. He was surprised when he heard the news that his ex-girlfriend is dating a woman. At first, he was insulted but he overcame that and embraced that not all happiness can be only found in loving the opposite sex. He believes love does not limit to anyone and it would come to any form.

"Are you free today?" He asked the startled lady.

"What the hell, Bogum!?"

"Well, that's unexpected. You used to feel giddy to see me around. Don't I have the same effect on you?" He was acting as if it offended him.

"You're silly, that was when I was young and foolish." She kinda missed Lisa bothering her. She asked her for some time alone to clear her head but her girlfriend seemed not to get its purpose. Instead, Lisa would be hanging around after work and during lunch just to see a glimpse of her. It was cute but she had to ignore her. She looked around and had no signs of Lisa on the third day. Maybe Lisa grew tired swooning her that was her thought.

"Were you expecting someone else?" Bogum popped Irene's bubble because she was lost in her own thoughts.

"No, I was just thinking about what to have for dinner." Irene lied while the man eyed her suspiciously.

"Mind if I join you?"

"Look Bogum, I have no time for this alright? Even being friends with you drains me already so, NO."

"Wow, you really changed a lot," Bogum commented. "I know there won't be any possibility for us to get back together but to be at least on good terms would be enough. You are engaged and I get that. I am not here to ruin that." He defended himself.

"So what's your purpose of showing your thick face here?" She asked him half annoyed. Lisa was cute whenever she annoyed Irene. So she could allow the latter to annoy her but Bogum's presence just irritated her.

"You are good friends with Lisa. I just wanted to be close to you as well." He winked meaningfully.

"What is that supposed to mean? Why are you bringing up Lisa into the topic?" Her brows started to twitch.

"I want to court your best friend. And to start it right I must get your approval. I wanted you to tell me everything that I need to know about Lisa."

"Are you crazy?! You dated me back then now you're targeting Lisa?" She balled her fist. She wouldn't mind punching Bogum's thick face. She's up for any fight when it comes to her girlfriend.

"Hey, don't take it as a bad thing. Ours had been past. Lisa is going to be my girlfriend. I got permission to court her from her grandpa. You just need to help me, okay?" He confidently assured the fuming lady.

"Get lost I won't help." Irene walked away from Bogum but he was tailing her to the parking space.

"Alright, sorry if you felt offended. But I have pure intentions for Lisa. This is why I am seeking your guidance. Come on Irene, you have to help me. Your best friend is safe. I can guarantee you she will be loved." He was doing her best to convince her.

"No."

"What?! Come on now, please."

"I said no. There's no way I will let you date her."

Bogum scoffed due to Irene's stubbornness. "You are acting like Lisa's jealous girlfriend. Don't tell me you wish to hit on her too. Don't be selfish you already have a fiancée."

"Can you see this?" Irene pointed at her stilettos. And Bogum's eyes followed where she was pointing at. "If you will not get lost in count to 3 then it's no longer my fault if this heel hits your face." She said it without blinking an eye and this gave shivers to Bogum's spine. "3, 2..."