Chapter 42: The Training, Part One

Začít od začátku

Weiss knew what Blake meant. She didn't answer. She didn't want to think about that. Salem would be planning something big.

The rest of the flight was quiet. And when they finally landed, they woke up Y/N and the others. As they stepped out of the aircraft, Cardin looked around tiredly.

"Is this... Mount Glenn?"

"It is."

They looked up to see Ironwood approaching them, Winter at his side like usual. The general's expression didn't hold any of the friendliness they were used to. His eyes were colder than his homeland, his back perfectly straight. None of them realized how towering men in Remnant were, with the exception of Vao. Winter was already writing on her clipboard, glaring at Russell. The former villain shifted awkwardly, which only made the soldier grit her teeth. She pointed her finger at him, her face darkening. "Straighten your back!"

"Erk! Y-yes, ma'am!"

Ironwood scanned them with his eyes, shaking his head. "Welcome to training. Here, you will be trained as I train my personal best," he said gruffly. "We want heroes - not children, not soldiers. Heroes. If you can't do that, you're going home."

"But we can't go ho-" Yang was cut off when someone slapped the back of her head. Not gently, either. The blonde rubbed her head in pain, glaring as Tyrian stepped from behind her.

"Don't speak out of turn," he warned. Y/N looked behind him to see the others who had come with him. His father, his aunt and uncle, Oobleck, and lastly, Sasha. They moved to Ironwood's side, standing at attention, with Winter taking her place among them. The general glared at them coldly, raising his voice.

"This isn't Beacon! It's not one of your combat schools!" He screamed. No one dared say anything. They didn't think Ironwood could get this loud. Then again, he was the head of the military. The general walked along the line of professors and Sasha, holding out his hand to introduce them. "These will be the men and women who will oversee your training! You will show them respect! Any questions!?"

No one wanted to say anything. They were intimidated. Ironwood nodded his head curtly, turning to his team. "Correct them. Move!"

Winter threw a salute. "Yes sir!" She screamed. She stomped past him, throwing her hands in the air. "Stand up straight, Winchester!"

"H-huh-!? But I am-"

He didn't finish his sentence. Winter snapped her fingers, Qrow sprinting towards him. Cardin didn't get any time to step out of the way before the drunk's foot slammed into his crotch, dropping him like a sack of stones. Raven grabbed Weiss's arms harshly, pushing them flat against her sides. The heiress winced in pain underneath the woman's grip. Oobleck was already running circles around Blake, both literally and metaphorically. The Faunus looked completely lost and terrified. Yang was being targeted by both Tai and Tyrian, unsure who to listen to. Y/N trembled where he stood. That left one final person. He looked up to see Sasha looming over him, a smirk on her tanned face. She patted his shoulder, leaning down to be eye level with him.

"Giant of Vacuo, huh?" She chuckled. Y/N felt his heart pounding. He was beginning to wish he never called her that and let his anger out of control. Sasha's eyes grew dark, a vein snaking its way up her neck. "Your ass is mine."

Winter and Qrow stopped bullying Cardin, the Schnee taking a step back. "Form up! Shoulder to shoulder! We're going to the base!"

Y/N scrambled to find his spot before he realized something. He didn't know what it meant to 'form up'. Winter growled, her knuckles turning white when she squeezed them. "Formation! Make a formation! A box! "