chapter VII

Broken Glass

"Don't disturb me, I'll see you at dinner

"Don't disturb me, I'll see you at dinner."

Hyunjin sat at his desk pulling out that book he constantly wrote in. My mind would always fill with curiosity every-time he had it out. Too many mysterious things were a part of this kingdom; the village, the girl, Seungmin's bracelet which looked like my childhood friend's and Hyunjin's notebook. The girl was being looked after by some maids in the castle and I trusted that she was in care. We'd have to see to her at a later time.

"As you wish, here is your jacket back." I placed the heavy jacket onto his bed, neatly placing it so that no creases became imprinted into the material. A headache was beginning to settle in my head causing me to have no desire to do anything but rest. But it was still early in the afternoon. Due to the village incident our day was cut short which disrupted our day. Although, I was glad not to have to put on a fake show for anybody. My heart should be put in place, and no more dreams of Hyunjin will appear.

In the end, I rested my body on my bed after looking through the news on my phone that I had brought with me. Almost every article was about the joining of our two kingdoms. The gathering or party would be tomorrow which put warm feelings into my stomach. I'd finally see my family again. Maybe the butterflies in my stomach was due to thinking Minho may make an appearance. But his letter was clear. He knew it was out of reach now, we were far over.

Half an hour before dinner, I walked past Hyunjin's room to get out and he was still busily working. His back faced me, skin showing on his neck where his shirt didn't cover. He had rolled up his sleeves and I saw his muscles in his forearm tensing as he wrote.

"Enjoying yourself?" I shook out of my trance when I heard his sudden voice and I looked back towards the door.

"I was just leaving."

"Have you fallen for me already?" He placed his pen down as it made a small noise and he turned to look at me in the eye causing me to feel suddenly warm.

"My heart belongs to someone else and that's how it will stay."

His eyes looked between my two eyes and I noticed his lips part slightly as if he hadn't expected me to ever have had someone else.

"Good." He stood up and pushed the chair in. "You may own my wedding ring, but you will never own my heart."

"I'm well aware of that." I calmly stated and I broke the eye contact he was trying to hold. "But you will never own my heart either."

"We'll see about that."

I didn't say anymore to him, he was arrogant and selfish. But I walked out of the door holding back my racing heart. I already knew that he would never love me. But I just had to keep my ground and make sure to never give the impression that I found him attractive because his cocky self would have an ego too high.