chapter IV

Reunited?

Hyunjin walked elegantly over and took the seat next to me as I saw him lean back in his chair avoiding eye contact with me

"Hyunjin introduce your wife to us." A man opposite us asked with a cute smile on his face. Hyunjin moved to sit forward in his chair and looked at me now.

"Everyone this is Arim, and Arim that's Jeongin my brother, then next to him are a few of my distant cousins, Seungmin and Yuna."

"It's an honour to meet you all." We exchanged smiles and I made a mental note to try and get to know Yuna better at a later point.

"How was your first night as a married couple?" Jeongin cheekily asked his brother and Hyunjin laughed with him which I sat back and observed.

"It was the best night I could have asked for, wasn't it." He raised an eyebrow at me and I smiled at Jeongin.
"Yeah it was wonderful."

Hyunjin was a smooth liar, I wasn't quite as well rehearsed. Although keeping that in mind, I could imagine Hyunjin would be quite good at manipulating people. I still couldn't believe that his own brother didn't know that we were a fake couple.

"What's it like over in your kingdom?"

Jeongin was asking me now and I pulled my chair in a little closer.

"It was very beautiful, similar to here. I have two brothers who still live there, the oldest, Chan hopes to rule one day."

"Like Hyunjin then, you both may become King and Queen one day." I gulped silently at the thought of ruling over an entire kingdom married to a man I didn't even love.

"There is a long time until then Jeongin." Hyunjin reminded him and he became quiet.

"Yes you're right."

"So how old are you Jeongin?" I asked to appear interested in him too for Hyunjin's sake and his smile appeared cutely onto his face once again.

"I'm 19, just a year younger than my brother."

"We're the same age then!" I replied a little too excitedly and coughed a little as I picked up some food with my chopsticks while being eyed a little by Hyunjin.

"Well, I'll certainly fit in with this kingdom comfortably due to the similarities with my own." I spoke more generally now and they agreed with my comment and we all ate in silence once again.

Dinner ended promptly without me having to speak too much more. The queen stood up which allowed all of us to leave. Hyunjin took hold of his drink and finished it before he moved away from his seat, tucking it under the table again.

"The ball takes place in 2 days." He told me before he blankly walked past me heading towards the stairs again. The ball... I'd get to see my brothers then. That's what hope I held tightly onto.